The simFlight Network Forums

fsbus + pdmg + fsuipc

:) Hallo, ist es möglich den fsbus (http://www.fsbus.de) mit meiner

boeing von pdmg in irgend einer Weise zu verknüpfen ??

Mit dem Fsbus kann ich bereits einige Funktionen (z.B. Radio, flaps etc.) herstellen aber mit dem MCP geht irgend wie gar nix. :(

Ich habe schon gelesen, dass pdmg eigene offesets verwendet.

Wenn das so ist, woher kann man diese beziehen ?? Oder bin

ich damit auf dem Holzweg ? :?

Oder hat jemand eine andere Lösung die mcp - Funktionen über das fs-bus-system anzusteuern ?? WEnn ja welchen Weg muss man da gehen.

Über ausführliche Infos und hilfreiche Tips wäre ich sehr dankbar.

Schöne Grüße :)

Thomas

hallo Pete,

sorry i forgot....english ? :D

is it possible to connect the fsbus-system (http://www.fsbus.de) with

my boeing pmdg.

With the fsbus i could connect some functions (like Radio, flaps etc.)

but withe the mcp is no function possible. :(

I often read, that pdmg use there own offsets. If it is so, where

can i receive it ? :?

I think i can modifiy the offsets in a list for the fsbus.

When i use the right offset from pdmg (for example) from the

Flightdirektor than my interface fsbus must work. Isn´t it ?

Ohter Question is, is it neccessary to register fsuipc for use my fsbus-system ? Whats better when i register it ?

Thanks for helping !

Regards

Thomas

is it possible to connect the fsbus-system (http://www.fsbus.de) with

my boeing pmdg.

With the fsbus i could connect some functions (like Radio, flaps etc.)

but withe the mcp is no function possible. :(

All the PMDG aircraft implement their own Autopilot as well as many other subsystems. None of the standard FS facilities will touch them.

I often read, that pdmg use there own offsets. If it is so, where

can i receive it ? :?

Yes, they do for many things, but they keep them secret, and maybe even encrypt their contents. I think some were hacked for the 737 some time ago, but I cannot give any references I'm afraid.

PMDG say they don't want hardware implementers to use the (expensively-developed) technology in their aircraft systems to make money which should rightfully (they say) be shared with them. I recall that they did promise, at one time, to sell an SDK for cockpit builders, but I don't think that ever materialised. They have entered agreements with one or two vendors though, like GoFlight (I think).

I think you need to ask PMDG themselves what their current policy on this is.

Ohter Question is, is it necessary to register fsuipc for use my fsbus-system ? Whats better when i register it ?

You don't need to register. Read the FSUIPC User Guide to see if you want the facilities it offers.

Regards

Pete

are the pmdg use also offset-numbers

who are working with the fsuipc ???

I think so, for many things. As I said.

If it is so, then i can try every offset and hop

to find the right one, isnt it ?? :lol:

I think this is what the hackers already did, and found some but not all. But I suspect PMDG may have changed to use encrypted values for some things when they found out, so it may be a lost cause.

It may be cheaper and easier, in the long run, to discard the PMDG panel and get the Project Magenta system instead! ;-)

Pete

Hi, this is the actually answer from pdmg about the topic

pdmg and fsbus !!

Regard Thomas

The PMDG 737 and 747-400 both have completely custom written autopilot and system codes which do not work with standard offsets like those used with FSBUS but provide users with a more realistic simulation experience. Unfortunately it is not possible to allow access to these offsets without compromising our core product code and for that reason we cannot support the home cockpit builder in the manner that we would like. We hope to be able to change this in FSX with Simconnect but it is not a mature product at this point. Once the product has been more thoroughly developed we will see where things go.

Regards,

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer and Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group