The simFlight Network Forums

Shutdown multiple PC's via WideFS, FS9 and PM CDU

Hi

I am trying to configure the Widefs.ini files (server and clients) so I can S/D all nettworked PC's when FS9 is shutting down, or by using Project Magenta CDU.

I have read the WideFS technical doc and I have added the lines "autoshutdown=yes" in the Wideserver.ini and "allowshutdown=yes" in Wideclient.ini to no avail.

I would appreciate any help to get this option to work.

Thanks

Reid

I have read the WideFS technical doc and I have added the lines "autoshutdown=yes" in the Wideserver.ini and "allowshutdown=yes" in Wideclient.ini to no avail.

I'm afraid that you aren't reading it fully. In the Server parameters section it says

AutoShutdown=No: Set this to ‘Yes’ if you want WideServer to send shutdown messages to clients when Flight Sim is closed normally.

There is no such parameter for Clients.

As it says, the AutoShutdown simply tells WideServer to send the shut down notifications to all clients when FS closes, instead of only when you use the Hot Key. It doesn't force any shutdowns, it only sends the message. These notifications only have any effect on Clients (and the FS PC) if you ALLOW them to, using the AllowShutdown parameter. Using that parameter you can decide which ones to shut down and whether to shut the PC down or only the applications.

The AllowShutdown parameter can be applied to Server and each Client, as you wish. It is a very flexible system, but you do need to read carefully, please. ;-)

Regards

Pete