The simFlight Network Forums

feature request / enhancement

Don't know if this is do-able / feasible etc, but, here goes.

Would it be possible to make the "DISCON ELEVTRIM AXIS FOR AP" selection under miscellaneous aircraft specific? There are a few other choices in miscellaneous that might be "specific" also.

Asking because selection of this enhancement varies between add ons, and quite frankly sometimes I forget to change it when flying a different AC. (Flying FS9 still)

At least one developer (feelthere) recommends one setting (checked) for their 737 series, and then recommends unchecked for their Airbus.

Thank you for any consideration.

Joe Lorenc

Would it be possible to make the "DISCON ELEVTRIM AXIS FOR AP" selection under miscellaneous aircraft specific?

HmmmI wouldn't want to change the way it works at present, for fear of messing up existing installations (I always have to think about continuing compatibility). But I could add such an aircraft-specific option, a sort of explicit override for this global setting.

There's not really a good palce to put it in the on-line settable options, and creating new dialogues is more work than I'd want to undertake for such an otherwise simple change.

So, how about if I add a parameter which you can edit into the appropriate aircraft-specific section of the INI file? If the parameter is there it overrides the "Miscellaneous" global setting.

I think it would have to go into the aircraft-specific Joystick Calibrations section.

There are a few other choices in miscellaneous that might be "specific" also.

Please be more explicit. Let's have it all sorted in one update.

Regards

Pete

Any enhancement will work great, the one you describe I would think would work very well.

I normally leave the DISCON ELEVTRIM AXIS checked. Adding a line to the aircraft specific setting (over riding to "unchecked") would be very appropriate in my case. The feelthere Airbus also requires other AC specific joystick entries (and it requires "unchecked" for for the DISCON also). So there is an aircraft specific entry for it in my fsuipc.ini already.

I would see it possible that Center elevator on AP Alt Change, Enable V/S sign correction and Reverse the elevator trim sense might also be AC specific. Can't say I need those at this moment but it would be foreseeable that it could be beneficial. So, hopefully that's what you want me to be more explicit on?

Thank you again,

Joe

Any enhancement will work great, the one you describe I would think would work very well.

Okay. I'll look to implement it as I described when I get the chance, maybe in the next increment.

I would see it possible that Center elevator on AP Alt Change, Enable V/S sign correction and Reverse the elevator trim sense might also be AC specific. Can't say I need those at this moment but it would be foreseeable that it could be beneficial. So, hopefully that's what you want me to be more explicit on?

Yes, they look possible in the same way.

Keep an eye on the Downloads Announcements above. I'll see if I can get the changes in over the next week or so.

Regards

Pete

Okay, I had some time to look at this yesterday (Sunday), so I've implemented pretty much exactly what I suggested in FSUIPC 3.733.

Unfortunately I haven't had time to test it -- from inspecting the code it looks okay, but I'd be grateful if you would try it and confirm.

Download 3.733 from

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/FSUIPC3733.zip

This includes a little Text file describing what I've done. I look forward to your results, after which, hopefully, I'll be able to put this into the "Other Downloads" announcement above, and look to do similar changes for FSUIPC4.

Thanks,

Pete

Had a chance to run one quick flight with a specific aircraft using the parameters to change what was set and it seems to work fine. Will continue to try out tomorrow.

As a suggestion - I wonder if it might save questions if a comment was made that PatchSimApAlt On/Off in the ini file is changed by the Enable V/S sign correction check box?

Thanks.

Joe

As a suggestion - I wonder if it might save questions if a comment was made that PatchSimApAlt On/Off in the ini file is changed by the Enable V/S sign correction check box?

Yeah, it fooled me too for a little while ;-) . It's historical -- on FS2002 (?) it did indeed patch the A/P inside FS, something which turned out unnecessary on FS2004, but of course, in the name of compatibility, the parameter stayed for existing INI files, but only doing a bit of the original job.

Maybe I'll just change the name of the parameter, and convert any old names.

Regards

Pete

In FSUIPC 3.734 (now available in the "Other downloads" announcement) I have, for FS2004 only, renamed that parameter to "CorrectVSsign". This will be done automatically, converting any "PatchSimApAlt" parameters.

The parameter stays as it was in FS2002, because in that case it does actually work by patching the FS A/P code, and the Options screen matches that in any case.

I've also provided an FSX version (4.089) with the same facilities, excepting that this particular option doesn't apply in FSX -- the other three do though.

Regards

Pete