The simFlight Network Forums

moving platform, HELP, CANT FLY!

i want to know exactly how to use fsuipc for having my new cockpit to move on a driving shaft and power steerings. cant find anywhere that is nicely explained. HELP cant get of the GROUND. Paul

The FSUIPC SDK lets you write a program to read things like pitch, roll and yaw velocities and accelerations. How you translate those into suitable movements for pistons and so on is quite complex. You need to work out the algorithms your specific equipment needs, and then write the driver, interfacing to FSUIPC to obtain the information you need.

The SDK is available from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson

Regards

Pete

• 3 months later...

Is quite complex? I hope not too much. I'm also researching to build a motion platform....moving platform....full motion cockpit......whatever they are calling it.

Is there anybody else out there who is or has built this that is around to discuss. It'd be great to chat sometime, I have a million questions.

Continuing to read...

Kranky