The simFlight Network Forums

pmdg

is there a work arround for the pmdg aircraft.It seems to be the main panel gauge thats at fault.fsuipc recognised it allowed it but fsx will not.It does not show in the modules folder or the options on the bar.

stewart

A lot of the PMDG aircraft code is tied specifically to FS2004 and before, simply because of the way it is implemented. I believe it is the PMDG options DLL which provides the menu and links up the various parts of the cockpit, and there is absolutely no way that a module written for FS2004 or before will work with FSX.

Sorry, but I'm afraid you'll have to wait till PMDG gets FSX versions out. I am using the PMDG 737-700 and 800 models and AIR files in FSX, but I don't actually use the panels in any case.

Regards

Pete

hi pete,

yes i can get everything working but there is a security violation and that is what is stopping it loading.I can switch panels with no main gauge files,as soon as you you a main gauge file thats when i get the violation programme attempting to acsess windows.

thanks for your prompt reply.

stew

yes i can get everything working but there is a security violation and that is what is stopping it loading.I can switch panels with no main gauge files,as soon as you you a main gauge file thats when i get the violation programme attempting to acsess windows.

Complex C-programmed gauge files like the PMDG ones can certainly cause an access violation (not a 'security' vlolation). That's easily done when a program is written for a completely different version of FS.

Regards

Pete

PETE.

Is there no way pmdg could issue a patch for this issue,or is just an internal fsx trying to access the gauge file.when i first ran your programme it found the files asked me if i wanted to allow the file clicked yes, aircraft loaded ok but no gauges.When i checked the panel config it was corrupted.Gauge file and placement number ok but position and size where on a seperate line.Even if i change it manually it does not give any error reading and loads the aircraft normally.Are the gauges written for fs9 or are they stand alone gauges?As fsx has c+c capabilities could they be recoded.sorry pete i'm waffling.

stu

Is there no way pmdg could issue a patch for this issue,or is just an internal fsx trying to access the gauge file.

It will be a matter of rewriting stuff which is intricately involved with FS to suit FSX instead of FS2004.

This is nothing whatsoever to do with FSUIPC. The PMDG aircraft only use FSUIPC for some things. They are complex designs which interact with FS directly, not external programs interfacing only via FSUIPC!

when i first ran your programme it found the files asked me if i wanted to allow the file clicked yes, aircraft loaded ok but no gauges.

I have no program which does anything like that. I think you must be mixing my program (FSUIPC) with others?

Are the gauges written for fs9 or are they stand alone gauges?

They are FS gauges, written using the FS8/9 panels SDK. They are not suitable for FSX!

As fsx has c+c capabilities could they be recoded.sorry pete i'm waffling.

Of course they can be re-coded. It is "merely" a programming job. I expect PMDG are already starting unless they have other priorities. But why ask me? You need to ask them!

I am totally puzzled as to why you think this is a question for me?

Regards

Pete

hi pete

No information is forthcoming on progress even if there is going to be an update.The pmdg website has no information at all about fsx!.I just thought as you are one of the gurus of the fs world you may be able to give us a glimmer of hope.

stu

hi pete

No information is forthcoming on progress even if there is going to be an update.The pmdg website has no information at all about fsx!.I just thought as you are one of the gurus of the fs world you may be able to give us a glimmer of hope.

stu

Sorry. I know the folks at PMDG at beavering away with FSX, but what they are planning I am afraid I am not privy to! (Even if I was, which I am certainly not, I expect they'd be pretty annoyed with me if I told anyone before they were ready to say anything themselves!)

Regards

Pete

I'd welcome Stewart (or anyone else for that matter) to take a look in our forum - we have posted various "sticky" notes regarding our FSX plans - one of them can be found under the title:

"PMDG General Progress Update 12FEB07 (reposted)"

Best,

Thanks, Lefteris! I didn't think it could be all that secret! ;-)

Best Regards

Pete