The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC, throttle2 not visable

Hi Pete

I have a problem with FSUIPC (latest version), in that I can see Throttle2 in FS2004, and it works ok there, but it is not visable in FSUIPC, where as Throttle1 is visable.

Hope you can help

Regards

Don

I have a problem with FSUIPC (latest version), in that I can see Throttle2 in FS2004, and it works ok there, but it is not visable in FSUIPC, where as Throttle1 is visable.

Can you give me the FSUIPC version number of this "latest version" please? Everyone always says "latest version" but they only mean the "latest they have seen and downloaded". I always need the actual version number.

Where are you actually looking to "see" this Throttle? If it is on the 4 throttles page, are you sure you've not mapped the main throttle (in the first, general flight controls page)?

Maybe you should show me the [JoystickCalibrations] section of your FSUIPC INI file.

[LATER]

I forgot to tell you to check the obvious -- that the Sensitivity slider in FS is at Max (full right) and the Null Zone slider is at MIN (full left).

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

Version 3.73

Throttles NOT MAPPED on page

Sensivity is MAX, Null is MIN

I can't see Throttle 2 in Axis assingment when moving it, all other axis ok

If I enable F 20004 Joystick, then I can see in FSUIPC. and works ok, but I would like to assign everything through FSUIPC and disable FS joystick.

Below is .ini, (flap not done yet!)

[JoystickCalibration]

ExclThrottleSet=No

SepRevsJetsOnly=No

ApplyHeloTrim=No

FlapsSetControl=0

FlapDetents=No

ReverserControl=66292

Reverser1Control=66422

Reverser2Control=66425

Reverser3Control=66428

Reverser4Control=66431

MaxThrottleForReverser=256

AileronTrimControl=0

RudderTrimControl=0

CowlFlaps1Control=0

CowlFlaps2Control=0

CowlFlaps3Control=0

CowlFlaps4Control=0

MaxSteerSpeed=60

Aileron=-16296,-920,986,10189/16

Elevator=-16149,2254,2254,15747/16

Spoilers=-16109,16163/16

FlapStarts=-16384,-16382,16381

FlapEnds=-16384,-16382,16381

Throttle1=-16380,-15683,-15683,15682

Throttle2=-16380,-15683,-15683,15594

Rudder=-16163,-9047,-6068,4673

Regards

Don

I can't see Throttle 2 in Axis assingment when moving it, all other axis ok

Ahin AXIS ASSIGNMENT! Ahanothing to do with joystick calibration or mapping or anything then!

It sounds like that axis is one of the two extra axes supported by DirectInput which are not supported by the standard Windows joystick interface. The latter supports 6 axes (XYZRUV), whereas DirectX supports 8.

In FSUIPC4, for FSX, I have managed to change the Axis Assignment facility over to use DirectInput, so it will probably be okay there, but I'm afraid this is not something I can really do in FSUIPC 3. It's an enormous change. It was only possible in FSUIPC 4 because I had to re-write everything in any case.

Regards

Pete