The simFlight Network Forums

Remapping Reverse Axis

Hello, I have been reading in the forums here, that by default the Mixture Axis is assigned to the Reverse Axis. I also read that this could be changed in the FSUIPC.ini file. After reading the documentation I couldn't figure out how to do this. Basically I would like to remap the Reverse axis to something other than the Mixture axis (like the Cowl Flaps Axis for example).

Robert Williamson

Hello, I have been reading in the forums here, that by default the Mixture Axis is assigned to the Reverse Axis.

Eryou are vtalking about FSUIPC joystick calibration, I assume? Have you checked the User documentation at all?

There is no such default mapping whatsoever. IF (and only IF) you go and calibrate the reverser is the Mixture axis assumed, by default (though it can be changed in the INI file, just like many of the others).

If you don't calibrate the reverser, no such assumption is made in any case. Even if you do calibrate it, there is an option, which you would normally set, to do this for Jets only.

Basically I would like to remap the Reverse axis to something other than the Mixture axis (like the Cowl Flaps Axis for example)

But FS does not support anything called a "reverser axis". This is an invention by FSUIPC to allow the use of a separate lever for reversing! Since you cannot assign any axis to a reverser in FS, how can you think that you can then use FSUIPC to map it to something else?

If you want to use an axis for cowl flaps you have to assign it to cowl flaps. Have you looked in FS's assignments? If the version of FS you are using does not support such an assignment (for instance, if you want separate ones for Engines 1 to 4), then you have to assign it to some other axis you don't need (in FS) then edit the FSUIPC.INI file to tell FSUIPC which other axis is used. The Advanced Users guide explains this in the section "Assignment of additional controls".

Alternatively, and possibly much easier, you can bypass FS assignments altogether and try using FSUIPC's Axis Assignments to assign the axis directly.

Just forget "reverser axis" as there is really no such thing. It is only a facility in FSUIPC to control reverse thrust using throttles.

Regards

Pete