The simFlight Network Forums

Another PSS issue

Peter …

Good day, I am having an odd problem and I’m not quite sure where to pose the question, but since you are the “Guru” of the inner workings of flight sim; a title I gave you after following the history of FSUIPC since the beginning; I figured I’ll start with you.

My FS platform is FSX currently using FSUIPC4 ver 4.0.9.0 unregistered. I have migrated the PSS Airbus over to FSX per the excellent file/directions of Amedee Vermeire.

I adjusted the AxisIntercepts per your instructions. Now the aircraft works fine and most of the functions are operational. My problem however is that if I log on the VATSIM using FSInn is start to get some odd problems. First – when setting FLX or TOGA thrust using the “+” key; which turns on the autothrottle; only the left engine spools up to the proper setting. If I manually adjust the throttles then I can avoid the adverse yaw condition. Second – All Joystick inputs are now reversed – down becomes up and left becomes right. Now with that confusion if I turn on the autopilot the aircraft loses all manner of control.

As mentioned earlier – the aircraft works fine prior to activating FSInn and FSCopilot ; the companion program to FSInn.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

R’gds

My FS platform is FSX currently using FSUIPC4 ver 4.0.9.0 unregistered. I have migrated the PSS Airbus over to FSX per the excellent file/directions of Amedee Vermeire.

Hmmm .... I am really very surprised you can migrate such a complex FS9 aircraft successfully to FSX.

I adjusted the AxisIntercepts per your instructions.

You mean you enabled them? My instructions? I assume the aircraft uses FSUIPC for its Fly-by-Wire control. Is that it?

Now the aircraft works fine and most of the functions are operational. My problem however is that if I log on the VATSIM using FSInn is start to get some odd problems. First – when setting FLX or TOGA thrust using the “+” key; which turns on the autothrottle; only the left engine spools up to the proper setting. If I manually adjust the throttles then I can avoid the adverse yaw condition.

That sounds like something peculiar to that aircraft. I really know nothing about the Airbus thrust setting system. Sorry.

Second – All Joystick inputs are now reversed – down becomes up and left becomes right. Now with that confusion if I turn on the autopilot the aircraft loses all manner of control.

There is a problem I believe with SimConnect and FSX which can result in spontaneous axis reversal -- the previous report (from the Mouse-As-Yoke author, a while back now) said it only happened when engaged in some of the missions. I think it is a function of how overloaded FSX becomes -- maybe the combination of a complex aircraft and FSInn/FSCopilot's activities produce the same symptoms.

It was reported to Microsoft at that time, with as much evidence as could be mustered. Naturally I couldn't reproduce the problem here, so the evidence came from the one and only sufferer. Whether Microsoft could reproduce it too and therefore fix it I don't know -- and my normal MS contacts have really been far too busy working on the forthcoming SP1 update that I've not been able to ask. It is something which will have to be re-checked, by those who can, when SP1 is available.

Meanwhile, in case they still need more evidence or corroboration, you should submit full details of the problem to MS at tell_fs@microsoft.com . Please also report it all to PSS and the FSInn/FSCopilot authors, as if they too can reproduce it they may be able to supply hard evidence to the FS team more directly.

Be sure to install SP1 as soon as it is released and re-check this. I'd also like to know as soon as possible.

Regards

Pete