The simFlight Network Forums

Problems with FSUIPC later than 3.7.1

Hello,

I use a registered copy of FSUIPC and FS9.1.

After installing version 3.7.4.1 I experience the following problems:

In ALT-mode the (default) AP is unable to balance the aircraft. It tumbles up and down. It is not possible to set the vertical speed to 0. If I try this it goes right back to +800 with the caravan for instance.

The NAV-mode does not work correctly.

Wrong callouts during approach (at "Minimums" I am still about 100 ft high).

The program "FS FlightKeeper" does not read the right temperature of real weather (ASV6).

To solve these problems I have to go back to Version 3.7.1 and everything works fine.

The signature is ok.

I read, that I will have to make some changes regarding the INI-file which should be explained in a readme but I could not find a readme in the zip file.

So I need a little assistance.

Regards

Hans-Christian

In ALT-mode the (default) AP is unable to balance the aircraft. It tumbles up and down. It is not possible to set the vertical speed to 0. If I try this it goes right back to +800 with the caravan for instance.

The NAV-mode does not work correctly.

Wrong callouts during approach (at "Minimums" I am still about 100 ft high).

FSUIPC doesn't get involved in any of that stuff. It sounds like some add-on program is doing things. Can you please detail all the add-on programs you are using?

I read, that I will have to make some changes regarding the INI-file which should be explained in a readme but I could not find a readme in the zip file.

No, you never have to make changes in the INI -- where did you read that?

So I need a little assistance.

Start FS with FSUIPC 3.741 installed, get the problems, close FS down, show me the ocmplete FSUIPC.LOG file please.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete.

thanks for your fast reply.

No, you never have to make changes in the INI -- where did you read that?

Under the topic "Other Downloads and Updates [2nd April 2007] - FSUIPC 3.7.4" I obviously missunderstood the sentence :

This involves INI file editing and is explained in a text READ ME file in the Zip
It sounds like some add-on program is doing things

Yes, You are right.

:oops:

It is such a normal thing to me using FSCargo, that I forgot to mention it. I beg Your pardon..

I tested it again and found out, that my problem indeed comes up only when I use FSCargo.

(Some time ago I asked for support at the FSCargo forum http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=60545)

The strange thing is, when I turn back to FSUIPC 3.7.1.0, everything works fine.

This was the reason for asking You.

And here comes the actual Logfile:

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.741 by Pete Dowson *********

Running on Windows Version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1

Verifying Certificate for "C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MODULES\FSUIPC.dll" now ...

SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name="Hans-Christian XYZ"

User Addr="xyz@xyzt"

FSUIPC Key is provided

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=4000B7AF[4000B7AF]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=15

14172 System time = 21:29:29

14172 C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

14172 System time = 21:29:29, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

20625 c:\dokumente und einstellungen\hans-christian\eigene dateien\flight simulator-dateien\hamburg standard.flt

20672 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

20875 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP"

54531 C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\hans-christian\Eigene Dateien\Flight Simulator-Dateien\Von der Benutzeroberfläche erzeugter Flug.flt

54969 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

56641 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

63703 NWI weather clear actioned

63703 External weather discarded

87391 AIRCRAFT\feelThere Caravan!\Cessna208B-FT.air

87594 Aircraft="Cessna Grand Caravan! BenAir"

2257328 C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\hans-christian\Eigene Dateien\Flight Simulator-Dateien\AutoSave Fri 220555.flt

2261672 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

2273641 System time = 22:07:08, FS2004 time = 13:16:57 (11:16Z)

2273641 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 3042 Allocs, 106749 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

(I hope You don´t mind that I put out my name and my personal email adress but if You want to see my registration key I will send it to You)

With kind regards

Hans-Christian

Under the topic "Other Downloads and Updates [2nd April 2007] - FSUIPC 3.7.4" I obviously missunderstood the sentence :

This involves INI file editing and is explained in a text READ ME file in the Zip

Ah. Thanks for pointing that out. That's a left-over from the original section there accompanying the previous interim update. That should now read "in a Boxed section in the User Guide", as, of course, as always, it was incorporated in updated User documentation for the main 3.74 release, thus:

NOTE: Aircraft-specific Overrides

The settings of the four options described above can be overridden for specific aircraft. This does require editing in the FSUIPC.INI file, and it depends upon you having already performed some aircraft-specific Joystick Calibrations for the relevant aircraft.

This is done by including the appropriate parameter(s), with Yes or No settings, as desired, in the aircraft-specific [JoystickCalibration.<...>] section of the INI file. Such entries will override the Miscellaneous settings for the specific aircraft only. The parameters relating to the four options are as follows:

Either PatchSimApAlt for ‘Enable A/P altitude fix’ on FS2000, ‘V/S Sign Correction’ on FS2002

Or CorrectVSsign for ‘V/S sign correction’ on FS2004

DisconnTrimForAP for ‘Disconect elevator trim axis for A/P’

ZeroElevForAPAlt for Centre elevator on A/P alt change

ReverseElevatorTrim for ‘Reverse elevator trim sense’

Note that you can edit these into the INI file whilst FS is running. Changes can then either be loaded by going to the Joystick options and explicitly reloading them, or simply by changing aircraft.

The global default setting of these options remains as shown in the Miscallaneous options page—the indications there do not change as a result of aircraft-specific overrides. A warning note is added to that effect.

I would have thought that the subject of this note was obvious from the original text in the Announcement however. Why did you think it might apply to you? It was a new facility, but only available by INI editing, as it said.

I tested it again and found out, that my problem indeed comes up only when I use FSCargo.

The strange thing is, when I turn back to FSUIPC 3.7.1.0, everything works fine.

Hmm. Unless this is a signature or key problem that is indeed rather odd. Nothing is changed in the actual interface that should affect things so much. I always strive to maintain backward compatibility even when adding new features.

The log file shows nothing out of the ordinary. Everything looks fine.

I am afraid I am at a loss to know what differences your FSCargo program finds between 3.71 and 3.741. Possibly it is making some presumptions about previously unassigned areas of FSUIPC offsets which have now found some use. Either that or, indeed, somehow I have made a mess of somerthing it needs. But I am realy not in the correct position to determine what the problem might be. Sorry. Can you get the FSCargo folks to check, and get in touch with me if there is really a problem. If possible i will fix it as soon as i know.

Regards

Pete