The simFlight Network Forums

FStarRC 1.86

Pete,

I know this is a bit off topic, but do you know of (or are planning) a replacement for FStarRC that performs the same functions for FSX? I also vaguely recall a program named FStar to Fs2K that did the same thing. I notice the flight plan formats in FSX now appear to be some sort of XML instead of the old text format from FS2002/FS2004.

I know this is a bit off topic, but do you know of (or are planning) a replacement for FStarRC that performs the same functions for FSX?

Not off-topic. I'n here to answer questions on all my FS-related programs.

The main functions of that program were not for FS at all, but more for Radar Contact, Squawkbox, and Project Magenta (and, going a long way back, EFIS98). And of course quite a lot of other programs that can use SBP and FS PLN text formats.

I understood that FSX could actually still read older FS PLN formats too, even though it doesn't output them. I've never tried (I use Project Magenta and Radar Contact with FS2004 and FSX). Have you tried? Have a go and let me know.

I notice the flight plan formats in FSX now appear to be some sort of XML instead of the old text format from FS2002/FS2004.

Yes. Horrible, aren't they?

Try with the older plans and let me know. If needed I can look at doing an update to produce XML plans but it'll have to fit in between more pressing things.

Regards

Pete