The simFlight Network Forums

Wish List

I just love the way one can use FSUIPC to program all my CH products...

I wonder if it is possible to introduce a "Shift" key.. and double the functions available. I always use FSUIPC now but lose a few functions because of a more limited supply of user buttons.

I would also like to be able to program a button for the "Alt" key... I use this a lot...

The other thing that I would like to see....

I often program buttons to change the function of the buttons for "+ and -" ie I switch to heading bug.. Sim speed etc

I then use these two buttons to increase or decrease the settings in whatever function is selected.

The problem with this is that the "+ and -" buttons retain the last function set for them, ie they get stuck in Sim speed. It would be nice to be able to get them back to their default function after they have adjusted the sim speed etc.

Don't know if these things are possible.... but if you don't ask!

Love the latest upgrades to the program in both sims... look foward to the next.

Bruce Upperton

I wonder if it is possible to introduce a "Shift" key.. and double the functions available.

Yes, of course. Program a key or button to set a Button Flag and use that in conditions when programming the buttons (or the other buttons). You can quadruple the number by using two such flags. There are even ways of programming FSUIPC offset values for any number of states which you could cycle through.

These sorts of facilities do need INI file editing, but all of the details you need for this are provided in the Advanced Users documentation.

I would also like to be able to program a button for the "Alt" key... I use this a lot...

Well, whilst that is also possible it isn't terribly useful, because once you press ALT you are in Windows Menu mode, so the rest of the processing stops whilst you manoeuvre within the menus. What do you use ALT a lot for? It really doesn't seem that useful except possibly as simply another shift, and I already support Shift, Ctrl, Tab, Menu and Window keys for keyboard programming.

The problem with this is that the "+ and -" buttons retain the last function set for them, ie they get stuck in Sim speed. It would be nice to be able to get them back to their default function after they have adjusted the sim speed etc.

Since only you know when you've finished using them in such a way, only you know when to press such a function -- there is no "default" use for them, but if you mean the zoom setting for one of the 3D windows that is usually selected via the [ key, I think.

Of course all of these functions are by keypress assignment in any case, so any and all may change if you reassign keys in FS. If you are using buttons they aren't really that relevant in the first place -- you can program the controls directly instead of using the keypresses which in turn are translated into controls!

For instance. Far better than trying to use selections then + and - why not program these things using the FS control for them -- Zoom in/out, Sim Rate incr/decr, etc? All of the things you can use +/- keypresses for have direct inc/dec, in/out or up/down controls.

To risk repeating myself, you seem to want to do everything via the key presses even though you have buttons. It is far more efficent and more obvious surely to assign controls. Just have a look at the drop-down list of controls you can assign (there's also a document listing them). Really the facilities for assigning key presses to buttons are there for those add-ons (cockpits especially) which don't use standard FS controls and can only be operated by keypress.

Regards

Pete