The simFlight Network Forums

Can not add the serial to FUIPC.

I am an administrator on the computer, installed FSX, FSUPPC under “run as administrator”.

FSUIPC4, you mean?

I am not able to install the serial; I have to lock back as an administrator.

What does "lock back" mean? What are you doing? What error are you seeing? Some information would be useful please.

Did you follow the installation instructions. After running the Install_FSUIPC4 program, you run FSX "as Administator" (a right-click menu option).

Vista has Administators with less priivileges than other Administrators. That's why you have to use the "run as administrator" facility. This is only needed for Registration. After that you can close FSX and run it normally next time.

Regards

Pete

the file in FS-X is FSUIPC4.DLL and has the size of 206.008

Eryes. So? Why are you telling me about my own program? I don't understand.

Please explain what your problem is and I will try to help. It sounds like you are simply not folowing the Installation instructions then the Registration.

Regards

Pete

Using FSUIPC4 and installing via Run as administrator the installation does not give any difficulties. No problems with the ddl.xml and FSUIPC4.log & ini, FSUIPC4.ddl are all in right directories.

After starting FS-X and open FSUIPC in the add-on items the button for installing the Register FSUIPC key is not active.

I think I have followed the instructions or did I miss a step

Using Vista 64bit

Using FSUIPC4 and installing via Run as administrator the installation does not give any difficulties.

I am pretty sure that you don't actually need to run the Installer "as administrator". It is only needed for the Registration itself, which accesses the Registry.

After starting FS-X and open FSUIPC in the add-on items the button for installing the Register FSUIPC key is not active.

Isn't there a message above it advising you to run as administrator?

I think I have followed the instructions or did I miss a step

It sounds like you missed this important part (about the olny part dealing with Vista differences):

Windows VISTA users will need “elevated” administrative privileges in order to Register. To obtain these please run FSX using the right-click “Run As …” option to run as the administrator. You don’t have to always run FSX in this way, only to enter the Registration.

Regards

Pete