The simFlight Network Forums

PFC Jetliner USB Yoke

Hello Peter. I have a USB Jetliner yoke and rudder pedals I am having a little trouble with. If I calibrate them in Windows and set the axis in FS it works fine. If I disable the joystick in FS and using FSUIPC, set the axis and calibrate them all looks fine until I go back into FS. The control surfaces are all jumping around very uncontrolled and if I apply deflection to the yoke or rudder they respond until I stop moving the axis. While I keep applying the pressure lets say a left turn at 20deg the control surface goes back to center and starts it fluttering again. Move the yoke more one way or the other and it deflects again until you hold the yoke still. This happens on all axis on the yoke and rudder. Any ideas?

I have a USB Jetliner yoke and rudder pedals I am having a little trouble with. If I calibrate them in Windows and set the axis in FS it works fine. If I disable the joystick in FS and using FSUIPC, set the axis and calibrate them all looks fine until I go back into FS. The control surfaces are all jumping around very uncontrolled and if I apply deflection to the yoke or rudder they respond until I stop moving the axis. While I keep applying the pressure lets say a left turn at 20deg the control surface goes back to center and starts it fluttering again. Move the yoke more one way or the other and it deflects again until you hold the yoke still. This happens on all axis on the yoke and rudder. Any ideas?

Sounds exactly like you haven't really disabled them in FS, or you have other controls assigned in FS for the same axes. Try disabling the joystick instead of de-assigning them individually, just to prove this. There's an FS menu item for this.

Why are you assigning them in FSUIPC in any case? You can calibrate FS assignments in FSUIPC. The idea of axis assignments in FSUIPC is for more flexibility and switching axes according to aircraft model, but if you don't need to do this there's little point.

Regards

Pete

Hi Peter. No I have the joystick totaly disabled in FS. When you look at the menu in FS it says "enable joystick". I want to do all this in FSUIPC so I can add a second set of flight controls for the FO.

Well, something is sending FS additional signals for the same axes.

Please enable Axis logging in FSUIPC's Logging page and reproduce the problem. Zip up and send both the Log file and your FSUIPC INI file. petedowson@btconnect.com.

Regards

Pete