The simFlight Network Forums

Smooth pressure

I'm using AS6, but very often, flying @ cruise level, the altimeter go quikly up and down.

I've setted FSUIPC as you can see in attachement.

I think that the pressure smoothing is not working

FSUIPC 3.74 FS 9.1

I suspect it is more related to pressure settings at different WX stations, possibly not (yet) explicitly set by ASV6, or set by AS but from METAR reports differening in time or with errors.

FSUIPC attempts to smooth the settings being sent through from the external program only, it cannot affect those inside FS's own local weather. It does operate on FS's global weather, but that it pretty much redundant in FS9 unless you are in the middle of nowhere.

Thinking further, I thought AS had its own smoothing. Doesn't it override FSUIPC settings? Can you check its options please?

If you want me to check what is actually happening inside FS, it will need a lot of logging -- Weather logging can be enabled in FSUIPC Logging options, but I can tell you how to add more if necessary. There will be a lot of data to wade though and you will need to be very specific about what exactly you see happening, and where and when, so I can tie this into the weather being supplied by AS and the weather being read from FS.

I think in the first instance you should investigate the AS option settings and possible post a query to their Support. Okay?

Regards

Pete

AS has not an option to smooth pressure, has only an option to smooth wind.

I'm writing about this issue also in their forum

Anyway no problem to make tests.

Tell me logs you need, I have a very large partition and very often I fly long haul flights.

Anyway this problem occurred more frequently on Ocean.

Reguards

Fabrizio

Tell me logs you need, I have a very large partition and very often I fly long haul flights.

The problem is I would need you to zero in on the part of the log showing the problem, or else give me precise locations and timings of whatever shifts it is you are seeing.

I really won't have time to deal with it until after the upcoming FSX SP! update is released.

Anyway this problem occurred more frequently on Ocean.

That does indeed suggest it is a problem of Global vs Local weather settings. Even if we narrowed down the cause, I'm not sure I'd be able to do a lot about it. We are now well into the 4th year of FS9 and this is the first time anyone has mentioned such a problem, so it can't have been very common or important.

Let me know what you find out from AS.

Regards

Pete

That does indeed suggest it is a problem of Global vs Local weather settings. Even if we narrowed down the cause, I'm not sure I'd be able to do a lot about it. We are now well into the 4th year of FS9 and this is the first time anyone has mentioned such a problem, so it can't have been very common or important.

Let me know what you find out from AS.

Regards

Pete

Or may be is a problem of weather of AS auto-generated waypoint.

May be people doesn't mind about it or they don't fly with Concorde

Thank you Pete, I will

Fabriizio

Or may be is a problem of weather of AS auto-generated waypoint.

May be people doesn't mind about it or they don't fly with Concorde

My friend Ray flies Concorde in FS9 a lot, and uses AS I think. I'll ask him when I get a chance.

Regards

Pete