The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.74 X52 Pro Not detecting Rotary 1

Hello Peter.

In FS9 I am trying to configure the rotary 1 to Fuel Mixture in FSUIPC 3.74 (registered). I own a Saitek X52 Pro Joystick

It doesn't detect it at all.

It see's rotary 2, slider etc.

Thanks

Mark

PS FS9 Detects it but it doesn't work

In FS9 I am trying to configure the rotary 1 to Fuel Mixture in FSUIPC 3.74 (registered). I own a Saitek X52 Pro Joystick

It doesn't detect it at all.

It see's rotary 2, slider etc.

PS FS9 Detects it but it doesn't work

It may be one of the two possible DirectInput axes which aren't available via Windows Joystick API. In FSUIPC4, for FSX, I managed to change the axis assignment system to use DirectInput, so it does see up to 8 axes and 2 POVs (Hats). but the original Joystick system only supports 6 axes and 1 POV.

I'm afraid there is no way I'm able to undertake the work involved to move FSUIPC3 over to use directInput. I only managed it in FSUIPC4 because I had to do a complete re-write of FSUIPC anyway.

Incidentally, there was a previous thread about this -- I just did a quick Search (using the Search facility) and came up with it quite quickly. See:

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=52434

The final contribution on that thread does seem to imply that it should be usable in FS assignments. Have you made sure the sensitivity is 100% (slider full right)? You also want the null zone to be zero (full left).

Regards

Pete