The simFlight Network Forums

Flag-Conditions for Axis-Assignments

Is it possible to use a Flag-Condition for an action, that is set by an Axis-Assignment (passing through zones)?

I’d like to have the Thrust Reversers deployed only after a Flag has been set by another button, thus simulating a kind of “Gate Restriction”.

The Flag is set by this button:

21=P0,1,C1005,0

The Reversers are deployed by this Axis Assignment :

12=0Y,UR,13161,16293,65617,0

My problem is, that I can’t find out where to put the Flag-Condition into the Axis-Assigment Syntax.

I’ve tried various possibilities but none of them worked.

Hope, someone can help.

Sammy

Is it possible to use a Flag-Condition for an action, that is set by an Axis-Assignment (passing through zones)?

I’d like to have the Thrust Reversers deployed only after a Flag has been set by another button, thus simulating a kind of “Gate Restriction”.

Flags or virtual buttons can be operated by axis zones, on the right-hand side of the Axis assignments dialogue.

The Flag is set by this button:

21=P0,1,C1005,0

The Reversers are deployed by this Axis Assignment :

12=0Y,UR,13161,16293,65617,0

Ahthat's the other way around from what you asked, is it not? You want a conditional facility for axis operation, not a flag generated by an axis zone.

My problem is, that I can’t find out where to put the Flag-Condition into the Axis-Assigment Syntax.

That's because only the [buttons] section supports conditionals.

However, you can inhibit reversers by setting bits in offset 32F8. Here's the relevant part of the Programmer's Guide (list of offsets) describing the one byte value at 32F8:

This provides options to inhibit certain aircraft operations, for use in breakdown or precise control implementations. Set individual bits for individual subsystems. Currently the following are available, all related to hydraulic power:

2^0 Set to inhibit flap operation

2^1 Set to inhibit spoiler operation

2^2 Set to inhibit gear operation

2^3 reserved

2^4 Set to inhibit Engine #1 reverser

2^5 Set to inhibit Engine #2 reverser

2^6 Set to inhibit Engine #3 reverser

2^7 Set to inhibit Engine #4 reverser

Note that these stop operation from axis and button controls very well, and also from key presses and mouse clicks—but in these latter two cases it is done by detecting a change in the system and changing it back. This works, but the device will sometimes try to move, and this can be noticeable, especially for some reason with the flaps—the indicator gives a little jump and the noise briefly starts. [ FS2002 and later only]

You can program your button to "Offset Byte Togglebits" 2^4 to 2^7 using mask xF0. You don't even need to edit the INI file for this.

Does this help?

Regards

Pete