The simFlight Network Forums

Suspect FSUIPC problem in Radar Contact

Sorry if this has been asked before - i've done quite a lot of searching and can't find an answer!

I've just installed Radar Contact on my new PC running Vista 32-bit. I've installed and registered all the .ocx files and updated to the latest version of Radar Contact and FSUIPC.

When I come to start RC I keep getting a warning - 'IPC timed out all retries'. I can't find any mention of this on any forum - does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

When I come to start RC I keep getting a warning - 'IPC timed out all retries'. I can't find any mention of this on any forum - does anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like RC can't talk to FSUIPC. What version of FSUIPC are you using?

The only other report I've heard of like that was on a Vista installation, where the user had installed FS2004 using its default location, in "Program Files". Apparently Vista protects folders in Program Files, and allows pre-Vista program compatibility by a sort of aliassing system for the folders. Why this should mess up RC specifically I've no idea, but evidently something about how RC works gets thwarted.

In the case I know of, the user only resolved it by uninstalling FS2004 and installing it somewhere else, like C:\FS2004. As far as I know this most certainly should not be necessary, but I suggest you go to Radar Contact support to see what the correct solution should be.

Regards

Pete