The simFlight Network Forums

FSX patch

Pete,

The patch is out and now nothing works!

Strangely, everything tests OK in the FSUIPC /PFC test pages, but the sim doesn't recognize any inputs from my Cirrus II setup, which worked fine before the patch.

I reinstalled FSUIPC v4081 before I started nagging, so what's up?

BC

P

The patch is out and now nothing works!

Of course not. FSUIPC 4.0 won't work on a new version of FSX. You need 4.1. You can NEVER expect old versions of FSUIPC to work on versions of FSX it has never seen. It is impossible to program in advance of knowing what to program!

I had FSUIPC 4.10 ready to release yesterday, but I needed the final SP1 release to verify before uploading. Yesterday MS were predicting later today for public availability of SP1, but they evidently released it whilst everyone in Europe was asleep! :-(

I will download it now and check it out, then FSUIPC 4.1 will be available in the FSX downloads above, and later on the Schiratti page.

Regards

Pete