The simFlight Network Forums

Offset for stick shaker and fire control system

Hi Peter,

I'm building a 737NG cockpit with Magenta Software and I want to add stick shaker and a fire control system hardware. I saw In PFC.DLL the offset 556D

offset 3BD0 and offset 3BCC for these functions, but I'm unable to find them in FSUIPC offset ist. Which are the same (if any) offsets items for an use in FS9 without a PFC system?

Thanks,

giodoca

I'm building a 737NG cockpit with Magenta Software and I want to add stick shaker and a fire control system hardware. I saw In PFC.DLL the offset 556D offset 3BD0 and offset 3BCC for these functions, but I'm unable to find them in FSUIPC offset ist. Which are the same (if any) offsets items for an use in FS9 without a PFC system?

The PFC driver links PFC hardware to either FS directly, or to pmSystems facilities. In this case neither of those are supported by FS, but by pmSystems.

FSUIPC's job is primarily to interface to FS for all FS-supported functions. The assorted PM modules and programs communicate to FS and between each other via FSUIPC offsets allocated to PM for this purpose. FSUIPC really has nothing to do with it at all except as a post box.

3BD0 and 3BCC are PFC-assigned locations for an interface PFC themselves once used to their own Flight Instructor module. I think they now use the PM Instructor. All the bits in those words are doing is allowing a third party program to see when a PFC button or switch is operated, and to set or clear indicators on the PFC panels. They are not useful at all without the specific hardware which PFC.DLL drives.

Offset 556D is one of a range of offsets assigned to PM and interrogated by PFC.DLL so that PM can operate the stick shaker. Again it is related specifically to PM hardware. Whether PM software operates that location without the PFC driver being installed I'm afraid I don't know.

If you are implementing a full cockpit with subsystems and facilities not supported by FS itself you need something like pmSystems to make it all happen. PM systems can be driven by programming your switches to operate via pmSystems offsets, an, in fact, pmSystems does support some hardware interfaces directly. Currently pmSystems is far more advanced in its 737NG implementation than it is in most other aircraft types.

For more information on all this you'd best go to the PM site and investigate pmSystems there.

Regards

Pete