The simFlight Network Forums

Pitch and roll settings behaviour changed in SP1 with 4.10?

I've just installed FSUIPC 4.10 after installing FSX SP1.

I notice that if I command the aircraft pitch and roll to a set value (degrees) then it only moves part of the way. Subsequent repeats of the process function move it incrementally in steps until the aircraft stops at the commanded settings.

It used to go straight to the commanded settings.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour for me? Is it something that can be fixed?

Thanks,

Si

I've just installed FSUIPC 4.10 after installing FSX SP1.

I notice that if I command the aircraft pitch and roll to a set value (degrees) then it only moves part of the way. Subsequent repeats of the process function move it incrementally in steps until the aircraft stops at the commanded settings.

It used to go straight to the commanded settings.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour for me? Is it something that can be fixed?

I don't understand what you mean at all. How are you "commanding" this, and what does it have to do with FSUIPC? Aren't you using elevator and aileron control (yoke)?

Pete

No Pete. If you recall, you helped me out a while ago with my UAV simulator, interfacing to a control system that tells my interfacing application what the lat/long, alt, pitch and roll of the simulated aircraft is, as well as onboard camera pan orientation) and then I send that to FSX which generates the 3D display and virtual cockpit view (for the simulated camera view.)

The lat/long, alt and virtual cockpit pan functions work fine still, but the pitch and roll have developed a "stepped" function since SP1 and FSUIPC 4.10, so setting pitch and bank with 0x578 and 0x57C no longer has the same immediate effect. I have to call them several times again for the aircraft to rotate to the desired attitude.

Regards,

Si

No Pete. If you recall, you helped me out a while ago with my UAV simulator, interfacing to a control system that tells my interfacing application what the lat/long, alt, pitch and roll of the simulated aircraft is, as well as onboard camera pan orientation) and then I send that to FSX which generates the 3D display and virtual cockpit view (for the simulated camera view.)

Ah, sorry. No I don't recall that at all. but then, with thousands of interactions per week I sometimes surprise myself at remembering anything! Maybe i could remember more when I was younger, but I forget. ;-)

The lat/long, alt and virtual cockpit pan functions work fine still, but the pitch and roll have developed a "stepped" function since SP1 and FSUIPC 4.10, so setting pitch and bank with 0x578 and 0x57C no longer has the same immediate effect. I have to call them several times again for the aircraft to rotate to the desired attitude.

Er. What happens if you don't? Do the values they contain revert?

Have you any logging to show what is going on? If there's a new Simconnect bug it will need reporting, but I need to understand it more.

Please, using 4.10, enable Monitoring of those locations and have them monitored to the normal Log. Also enable IPC write logging.

Send the Zipped log to me at petedowson@btconnect.com with an outline of what you were doing during the period of the Log. Try to keep it short, but don't start a new log so i can see the initialisations too.

Regards,

Pete

Ah, sorry. No I don't recall that at all.

You also did a lot of work in trying to sync all the simconnect transfers between frame syncs, to prevent graphic jittering, which you might recall, but not to worry.

I'll do some tests and get the logs to you next week. Amazingly, this is my day job.. :)

Si

I've solved the problem Pete. It was my fault. It appears the copy of my program that I was using was an old version and had some bug in it. I ran my latest code in debug mode as I was recording the logs for you and it worked ok.

Apologies for the trouble.

Regards,

Si

I've solved the problem Pete. It was my fault. It appears the copy of my program that I was using was an old version and had some bug in it. I ran my latest code in debug mode as I was recording the logs for you and it worked ok.

Phew! Thank goodness for that!

Thanks for letting me know!

Regards

Pete