The simFlight Network Forums

ASV status bar fails to disappear

Hi Peter

I took your suggestion and installed FSUIPC 4.10 (Registered Version)over SP1

I also use ASV6.5 with FSX and after installing 4.10 the weather status bar indicates current weather after ASV downloads the weather as advertised.

The problem is that the status bar does not disappear after several seconds but remains at the top of the screen.

The only way I can get the bar to disappear is to right click on the bar then select close window.

I checked with Jim at Active Sky and his suggestion was to clear weather .

in FSUIPC.

This still has not changed the status bar from disappearing after you receive the weather.

Looking forward for any assistance.

Kenny G.

I also use ASV6.5 with FSX and after installing 4.10 the weather status bar indicates current weather after ASV downloads the weather as advertised.

The problem is that the status bar does not disappear after several seconds but remains at the top of the screen.

HmmmI'll need more information. It may be a Simconnect problem now, as with SP1 installed FSUIPC passes all that stuff on to Simconnect to handle. Before SP1 FSUIPC had to do it directly itself.

Did the original message, before SP1, scroll, or was it static? Does changing this option in FSX's options change how it behaves?

Can you enable Monitoring (Logging options page in FSUIPC), of offsets 32FA (as type S16) and 3380 (type AsciiZ), and check the "normal log" option below. Then reproduce the problem. Zip up the FSUIPC4.LOG file and send to petedowson@btconnect.com.

Regards

Pete

[]

HmmmI'll need more information. It may be a Simconnect problem now, as with SP1 installed FSUIPC passes all that stuff on to Simconnect to handle. Before SP1 FSUIPC had to do it directly itself.

Did the original message, before SP1, scroll, or was it static? Does changing this option in FSX's options change how it behaves?

Can you enable Monitoring (Logging options page in FSUIPC), of offsets 32FA (as type S16) and 3380 (type AsciiZ), and check the "normal log" option below. Then reproduce the problem. Zip up the FSUIPC4.LOG file and send to petedowson@btconnect.com.

Regards

Pete

Tks. for your reply I am not very computer literate so bear with me.

The original message was static and would remain for approx. 10 seconds then disappear.

In the FSX options I have information data (Continuous) not sure if this is what your are referring to.

Unsure how to enable a log file.

Kenny G.

Unsure how to enable a log file.

You don't ever NEED to enable a log file. FSUIPC always produces a log file.

I said:

Right? You don't understand any of that, I assume?

You could of course refer to the FSUIPC4 user Guide. But to keep it short:

First, find the FSUIPC Options. This is via the Menu in FSX. Can you see a menu? If not, press the ALT key. A Menu should appear. In that Menu there should be one called "Add-Ons". Click that. In the dropdown there should be "FSUIPC ...". Click that. In the resulting window there should be a tab labelled "Logging". click that.

On the right-hand part there's a sort of table in which you can enter things. It has 4 rows. We will only use 2 of them. In the first enter 32FA for Offset, then select S16 in the Type dropdown. In the second row enter 3380 for the Offset and select Asciiz for the type. Check the "normal log" checkbox below. OK out of the window.

Back in FSX proper, reproduce the problem. Close down FSX. ZIP up the files called "FSUIPC4.LOG" you will find in the FSX "Modules" folder, and send it to me.

Okay?

If you still cannot manage it, please send this off to ActiveSky support and ask them.

Pete

Never mind, now. I've managed to reproduce a similar case.

It doesn't actually stay displayed forever -- in certain circumstances the time is being supplied in timer ticks (55 mSec intervals) instead of seconds, so the 10 second display time in your case becomes 181 seconds, or three minutes.

Sorry.

Look out for an interim update for FSUIPC soon, maybe over the weekend. It'll appear in the FSX Downloads announcement, above.

Regards

Pete