The simFlight Network Forums

PB FSX+SP1+AUTOSAVE (resolved)

Hi!

It seems that i have a problem if i use FSX+SP1 and AUTOSAVE Option in FSUIPC 4.10 (registred).

In this case; after 10 mn of flight when change my view (cockpit for external for exemple); FSX Freeze and display a message like fatal error do you want to send an error report to MS and restart FSX.

If i d'ont use AUTOSAVE every things are OK.

If somebody use autosave; does it have this kind of pb?

Sorry for my basic english (very globish) :oops:

Hi!

It seems that i have a problem if i use FSX+SP1 and AUTOSAVE Option in FSUIPC 4.10 (registred).

In this case; after 10 mn of flight when change my view (cockpit for external for exemple); FSX Freeze and display a message like fatal error do you want to send an error report to MS and restart FSX.

If i d'ont use AUTOSAVE every things are OK.

If somebody use autosave; does it have this kind of pb?

Hmm. I've not heard of any problem like that. I, like many others, have AutoSave enabled all of the time.

Since it's a change-of-view problem I'm wondering if it might be video driver related, and all that AutoSave is doing is altering the timing slightly. How often is autosave saving files? Try less often, see if it crashes less easily, more often, see if it crashes more easily.

AutoSave is doing nothing more than calling a SimConnect routine to save the flight every so often. Between those intervals it is completely dormant.

Please do make sure you are sending the reports to Microsoft when requested, then try different video settings -- eg Windowed / Full Screen, less or more video options -- reduced mipmapping, filtering, etc. Some combination may be critical.

Also look for different video drivers. If you are using Vista I have heard that some of the Vista video drivers aren't too stable yet.

Regards

Pete

Thank's Peter!

I use XP SP2, P4 HT 2 g mem and Nvidia Driver 94.24 for 6600gt 128meg.

For the moment, if i use AUTOSAVE I have frequently le PB.

But that don't indicate that the PB is concerned by AUTOSAVE but it is more frequent with autosave.

For the moment, i try to start without autosave and basic parameters on FSX, and i try to push any parameters to see if the problem appears and when!

Thank's Peter!

I use XP SP2, P4 3 ghtz HT 2 g mem and Nvidia Driver 94.24 for 6600gt 128meg.

For the moment, if i use AUTOSAVE I have frequently le PB.

But that don't indicate that the PB is concerned by AUTOSAVE but it is more frequent with autosave.

For the moment, i try to start without autosave and basic parameters on FSX, and i try to push any parameters to see if the problem appears and when!

Sorry, AUTOSAVE is not responsable of the FSX crashes.

With AUTOSAVE active the problem is more fréquent but not caused by it.

The solution is here:

in FSX.conf

in TERRAIN, after addin this 2 lines:

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=800

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=1200

every things is OK

Sorry for my turbulences 8)

Sorry, AUTOSAVE is not responsable of the FSX crashes.

With AUTOSAVE active the problem is more fréquent but not caused by it.

The solution is here:

in FSX.conf

in TERRAIN, after addin this 2 lines:

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=800

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=1200

every things is OK

Ah, so cutting down on video objects reduces or erliminates it? In that case it may well be a video memory thrashing problem. How much video memory have you got?

Regards

Pete