The simFlight Network Forums

Saving a Flight

Peter

I have never had any problems with FSUIPC and FSX using VISTA. From the very first release of FSUIPC right up to the lastest release with the SP1.

However there is one slight problem I see and can't fiqure out why it occurs with FSUIPC installed.

When we save a Flight in FSX unlike FS9 using either the dropdown menu or the ; (semicolon) FSX takes a snap shot picture. If you are sitting in the cockpit then the picture is of the cockpit. If you are in topdown view the picture is a topdown view, etc.

Now after starting FSX if you use the dropdown menu and select Flights ..> Load that will list all the save flights made with the semicolon. If you highlight any saved flight a picture displays in the right side window showing you what the view was when the flight was saved.

All of this works fine both with FSX and SP1 until FSUIPC is installed. At that point all pictures become scambled for some reason. I don't want to say it is the fault of FSUIPC but no FSUIPC and the pictures are fine. Install FSUIPC (any version) since FSX was released and the picture scrambles.

Has anyone else reported this issue?

I have FSX on 2 different computers one which has XP Pro and the newest computer shipped with Vista. Both OS show the same behavior with my registered version of FSUIPC.

Its more annoying then anything else and if some day you get a chance you might look to see if it is a computer issue on our end or a FSUIPC issue.

Thanks and I have been a FSUIPC registered user for many years with never any problems with FS9 or FSX/SP1/SDK ver 1a.

Install FSUIPC (any version) since FSX was released and the picture scrambles.

And you've not reported this for the nine months since FSX was released? Or have you collected all versions and only tried them recently?

Has anyone else reported this issue?

No. You are the very first in all this time. Shame it wasn't reported in time for an SP1 fix.

I can see if it happens here of course, and if it does report it to Microsoft -- because if it does happen generally it will be some sort of SimConnect problem which they can possibly supply a workaround.

FSUIPC4 is not like previous versions, it is 99.9% SimConnect interfaced. The minor exceptions (getting the list of controls from CONTROLS.DLL) tend to be very minor and static (i.e. happen once, or not at all until used).

I've got to go out now, but I'll try it later.

Regards

Pete

I can see if it happens here of course, and if it does report it to Microsoft -- because if it does happen generally it will be some sort of SimConnect problem which they can possibly supply a workaround.

I've tested saving and viewing Flights in the Flight selection menu now on three different systems, including one Vista system in full screen mode, and two XP systems, one with an ATI card and another with an nVidia, both Windowed and full screen modes, and all of the flight snapshots are perfect.

Sorry. It sounds as if there's some sort of problem with the video drivers on your setup, just possibly exacerbated by timing differences which may occur when FSUIPC is running. I suspect you'd get the same with any other busy SimConnect client.

Regards

Pete

Thankyou Pete

I always download the lastest FSUIPC when availabe over the last 9 months for FSX but did not report my scambled issue. Was not that big of a problem for me. I now know where to start looking on my end. These new dual GTX8800 NVidas are still lacking with a good set of Vista drivers.