The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.1 and my FSX with SP!

Hi Peter:

Hope you can help me with a big problem that I am having with FSUIPC.

I have FSX and the latest service pack installed on my system. Since the service pack I have notice a great frame rate increase. However, I have had problems with my FSUIPC.

The last two add-ons that I purchesed were the maddog06 and LevelD767X. Both planes and FSX will crash if I have FSUIPC installed. I found this out by reloading FSX and SP1 and NOT FSUIPC. I am able to fly the maddog fine now. However, the LVD767X automatically installs FSUIPC 4.11. Now it is crashing. Whenever it prompts me, I tell it to trust your content but it still crashes. Normally when I am pulling up different panels and etc.

1) Do these issues trigger a immediate response from you on what the problem might be?

2) If I were to go into the modules folder of FSX and erase FSUIPC, would it then be totally gone from my system or has it already affected the FSX files?

Really want to fly the LVD but it keeps crashing and so too does my Activesky, ACARS reporting mthd and etc. Without FSUIPC, there is no crash.

Thanks so much for all your efforts!

Chris

I am going to do the following tonight.

1) re-install simconnect via the deleting of the file and running the repair tool.

2) delete FSUIPC 4.1 and change the names of the dll files. Going to then re-install the latest FSUIPC 4.1 and always trust your content. Then go back and change the dll files back.

3) re-start FS and hope it works.

CF

1) Do these issues trigger a immediate response from you on what the problem might be?

No. There is actually no way FSUIPC itself can cause a crash. It is a complete SimConnect client, using fully documented SimConnect facilities.

2) If I were to go into the modules folder of FSX and erase FSUIPC, would it then be totally gone from my system or has it already affected the FSX files?

FSUIPC never affects anything but itself. If it isn't named FSUIPC4.DLL in the FSX Modules folder, it won't run.

Really want to fly the LVD but it keeps crashing and so too does my Activesky, ACARS reporting mthd and etc. Without FSUIPC, there is no crash.

It sounds likely that one of the programs or add-ons you are running uses FSUIPC and crashes when it is running because it then does more things. Without FSUIPC it simply doesn't do the same thing. You will need to do a process of elimination to find the rogue add-on.

Regards

Pete

I

1) re-install simconnect via the deleting of the file and running the repair tool.

Best to check the FSUIPC4.LOG file first, because if there's no Simconnect problem shown there you will be wasting your time.

2) delete FSUIPC 4.1 and change the names of the dll files.

Change the names of what DLL files, exactly? Installing a later FSUIPC will overwrite any earlier or same FSUIPC4.DLL there already. What other DLLs are you using?

Regards

Pete

The last time I ran FSX with FSUIPC, this is what came up.

[General]

History=4NBZ81O0MWKTMB4RKMG1J

TCASid=Flight

TCASrange=40

AxisCalibration=No

DirectAxesToCalibs=No

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressSingleline=No

SuppressMultilineFS=No

AxisIntercepts=No

WeatherReadFactor=2

SimConnectStallTime=1

[WideServer]

WideFSenabled=Yes

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.10 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX (SimConnect SP1 May07)

Module base=61000000

DebugStatus=0

219 System time = 06:10:46

219 FLT UNC path = "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher Frasure\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

219 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

1000 N.B. Axis Intercepts are disabled!

1000 LogOptions=00000001

1000 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

11266 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61355.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61242.0)

1249032 SimStart Event: Initialising SimConnect data requests

1249032 FSUIPC Menu entry added

1249063 C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher Frasure\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\Previous flight.FLT

1249063 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800\Boeing737-800.AIR

1249110 System time = 06:31:35, FSX time = 09:10:59 (13:10Z)

1254110 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.11

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61355.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... No previous valid version found.

FSX Modules folder created okay!

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher Frasure\Application Data"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher Frasure\Application Data"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher Frasure\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

No previous FSUIPC4 entry found, so adding it now ...

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Rachel Frasure\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

All installer tasks completed okay!

What do you exactly mean by your last paragraph. I don't have a PhD in this stuff and am not really savy. What do you mean about I installed a SimConnect XML file?

Ah .. terribly sorry. I replied as if this were the last thread I replied to (the "done everything" one close to this). Comes of trying to reply to everyone at once.

Ignore entirely my last reply. In fact I shall delete it. I shall now compose a correct reply ...

Pete

The last time I ran FSX with FSUIPC, this is what came up.

Okay.

You have three files concatenated there. The FSUIPC4.LOG file is the only relevant one, and that is actually incomplete (FSUIPC4 is still running according to that).

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with SimConnect. You are using an out of date version of FSUIPC, but that is unlikely to be the problem. However, best to get it up to date first.

Pete