The simFlight Network Forums

Help with FSUIPC4 and WIDEFS - Order 291454 /21 November 200

Hi,

I bought FSUIPC and WIDEFS some time ago.

Everything was workink ok but...

After the LEVELD 767 FSX release I have had some problems with installation of this airplane.

LevelD staff suggested to disinstall and reinstall FSUIPC4.

I dit what suggested but now even if I have .dll in FSX modules installed the registration windows doesn't appear and I do not have your program in FSX menu.

I have the program, update to version 4.11, Widefs and the key files for both programs, but I don't know what to do in order to have both programs running again.

Thanks a lot,

mbalvetti

After the LEVELD 767 FSX release I have had some problems with installation of this airplane. LevelD staff suggested to disinstall and reinstall FSUIPC4.

Did they say why? It sounds like their install messes up the DLL.XML or SimConnect.XML files. Naughty!

I dit what suggested but now even if I have .dll in FSX modules installed the registration windows doesn't appear and I do not have your program in FSX menu.

Is the an Install log there? If so, please paste it here. Is there an FSUIPC4 log there? Ditto. I can't help without any information I'm afraid.

Pete

Hi, thanks for your quick answer.

The year of my order was 2007 (sorry for the 200 in the message).

If FSUIPC log ought to be in the directory ....\FSX\modules there isn't.

in the same directory is the install.log that follows:

-----------------------------------------------

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.11

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Programmi\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61355.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Programmi\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.110 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Programmi\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\Maurizio\Dati applicazioni"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dati applicazioni"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Dati applicazioni"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Dati applicazioni"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Maurizio\Dati applicazioni"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\Maurizio\Dati applicazioni\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Dati applicazioni"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

All installer tasks completed okay!

------------------------------------------------

Thnaks again,

mbalvetti

... the install.log that follows:

Okay, the problem is that the base SimConnect version, the one which came with FSX on the original DVDs, is not installed, or at least it isn't installed correctly. The section of the Install log above should read like this:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

The original SimConnect ALWAYS needs to be present as it is that which loads FSUIPC4.

I don't know how you managed to lose the original installation, but the only way to move forward is to repair it.

Please refer to the FSX Help announcement above for re-installing SimConnect.

Note that you shouldn't have to repair the SP1 update as well because that Simconnect update is installed okay. FSUIPC4 will use it, it's just that it won't be loaded because only the original version, which must always be present, will do that.

Could you tell me what you actually did to lose the original SimConnect installation? It shouldn't be possible. I hope the LevelD install doesn't do such a nasty thing! I may have to add more warning messages for this to my Installer! :-(

Regards

Pete

Hi,

thanks a lot again.

I suggest to connect to :

http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_p?TID=13769

because is a long thread and until now it is not clear what is happening, but it seems to me that I follow the instructions given on the forum, but something went wrong.

If I understand well, I have to repair FSX installation, but since I have until now only three products installed apart from the standard ones, I was thinking to reinstall all (FSX, SP1, FSUIPC4, WIDEFS7,FSUIPC411 and the three products (Wilco Airbuses, Leonard Maddog 2006 and LevelD 767)

I thank you again and, if I misunderstand something, I'll wait until tomorrow to reinstall all.

mbalvetti

I suggest to connect to :

http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_p?TID=13769

because is a long thread and until now it is not clear what is happening, but it seems to me that I follow the instructions given on the forum, but something went wrong.

Sorry, apart from the fact that is a members-only forum, I've not really got time to delve into problems of other products. I am desperately trying to tidy stuff up here for version 4.12 before I leave for a holiday very early on Friday morning.

By all means, feed back into that thread my comments if there are others also losing the base version SimConnect by following some, presumably incorrect, instructions.

If I understand well, I have to repair FSX installation, but since I have until now only three products installed apart from the standard ones, I was thinking to reinstall all (FSX, SP1, FSUIPC4, WIDEFS7,FSUIPC411 and the three products (Wilco Airbuses, Leonard Maddog 2006 and LevelD 767)

Well, it is a long way around and may, if one of those installations is still doing the wrong thing, still end up with you in the same boat. Try the repair first (insert the DVD 1 and select repair).

Regards

Pete