The simFlight Network Forums

Any offset for the helo Governor?

Good evening everybody :)

Some friends of mine and me are converting an old Robinson R22 (which crashed a long time ago) into a realistic helicopter simulator using Flight Simulator 2004. Luckily, Microsoft Games reproduced the R22 quite well...

We've connected the switches of the real helicopter to old joysticks, but we need a bit of software to connect them to FS. I noticed that there wasn't any offset for the governor switch! And it's actually the only switch that I can't make working...

Am I wrong? (and in this case, what is the offset?) :oops:

Or is there another reason that explains it?

Pete, if you need any information on the working of the governor, I can help you. I read on an older post that you need some. :wink:

Regards

Xavier from Geneva

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that there wasn't any offset for the governor switch! And it's actually the only switch that I can't make working...

Am I wrong? (and in this case, what is the offset?) :oops:

Or is there another reason that explains it?

Pete, if you need any information on the working of the governor, I can help you. I read on an older post that you need some.

Sorry, I've no idea what it is or how it would be referred to in MSFS. Is this something to do with that mysterious "helicopter beep"? Is it a simple on/off switch, or some sort of axis/dial?

For things simulated in FS, references to specific things actually in FS would help. If it isn't simulated then you would just have to have a dummy switch.

If the "Helo Governor Beep" adjustment is what you want, then the controls

INCREASE HELO GOV BEEP and

INCREASE HELO GOV BEEP

should work, I would have thought? Searching the List of FS2004 Controls also reveals these, which may or may not be relevant:

ROTOR GOV SWITCH SET

ROTOR GOV SWITCH TOGGLE

Regards

Pete