The simFlight Network Forums

Button Programming

Hi guys,

I use FSUIPC, together with Key2mouse to programme my Saitek P8000 pad to adjust the Baro knob on the PSS Airbus panel. However, this only works properly if the panel is in IFR mode. If I use another programmed button (ie programmed as "SHIFT+2") to bring up the reduced VFR panel, the Baro knob is now in a different position on the screen.

Is it possible to programme a single button to send different key strokes, depending on if the IFR or VFR panel is selected? If so, could someone give me some guidance on how to do it.

Many Thanks.

Is it possible to programme a single button to send different key strokes, depending on if the IFR or VFR panel is selected?

No, but by editing the FSUIPC INI file you could make one button send more than one keystroke. In fact you could do it by programming, on the FSUIPC Buttons screen, one keystroke for pressing and another for releasing the button.

This will work provided the "unused" keystroke clicks the mouse on a screen position which doesn't do anything, or at least nothing of consequence.

However, you seem to be taking a rather roundabout course here. Are you sure that the PSS baro knob doesn't respond to normal FS controls to increase or decrease that Kollsman value? I've never actually seen any add-on which replaces the default FS action for altimeter pressure settings, as it works perfectly well as it is. The controls are called Kohlsman Dec and Kohlsman Inc -- Microsoft misspelled the inventor's name! ;-)

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the response. I've already tried to increase or decrease the Kollsman value. I may have changed the value internally but it did not change the digital reading next to the Baro knob.

Regards

Bill

Thanks for the response. I've already tried to increase or decrease the Kollsman value. I may have changed the value internally but it did not change the digital reading next to the Baro knob.

More importantly, did it change the altitude reading?

Maybe you are looking at the First Officer's altimeter, or the standby analogue one? The built-in FS facilities only deal with the Captain's altimeter.

Have you checked for possible added keyboard shortcuts provided in the package. Many of these advanced cockpit add-ons do provide other means of control than mouse.

Regards

Pete

Yes, it did change the altitude reading but not the actual baro reading. The PSS A320 airbus does have programmable shortcut keys for changing the baro reading but there is a well-known bug that only the baro-increase works, not the baro-decrease.

Yes, it did change the altitude reading but not the actual baro reading.

That's a definite bug then. Hopefully they'll fix it.

The PSS A320 airbus does have programmable shortcut keys for changing the baro reading but there is a well-known bug that only the baro-increase works, not the baro-decrease.

Another bug? Hmmm. Update coming shortly, then? ;-)

Regards

Pete

I wouldn't have thought so. The PSS A320 was made for FS2002 and patched for FS2004 and PSS have stated that no further updates will be made.

Anyway, back to my question. If I programme a button to send SHIFT+2 to toggle between the IFR and VFR panels AND to also set a flag, could I programme another button to send different key strokes depending on the state of the flag?

Alternatively, I read in another post about window idents. Could a button be programmed to send different key strokes depending on the window ident?

In an otherwise fantastic aircraft, this is the only thing that bugs me and I would like to find a solution.

Any help, from anyone, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

If I programme a button to send SHIFT+2 to toggle between the IFR and VFR panels AND to also set a flag, could I programme another button to send different key strokes depending on the state of the flag?

Oh, yes. That's feasible using conditionals. You'd need to edit the INI file. Refer to the Advanced User's guide -- come back with questions if you get stuck.

Alternatively, I read in another post about window idents. Could a button be programmed to send different key strokes depending on the window ident?

Two problems there. One is that there's no window ident read-outs you can use, and the other is that the window ident is not a useful reference because FS supports multiple Windows -- which Window should the ident refer to? You can not only change the functions of the current window but open another and another andwell, you get the picture.

Regards

Pete