The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS + teamspeak PTT

Hi !

I know,it has been discussed here many times,but although I have read nearly all threads regarding my problem,nothing helped :(

As many others,I want to have teamspeak on remote PC and PTT on CH yoke(master PC with FS2004)

(connection between PC1 and PC2 works well)

So,I made following:

on PC2(w/o FS):

I edited wideclient.ini:

[user]

Log=Errors+

UseSendInput=Yes

KeySend1=123,16,run1

KeySend2=123,24,run1

run1=C:\Program Files\IVAO\IvAp v2\ts2\TeamSpeak.exe

in teamspeak I checked "disable direct input" + I chose F12 for PPT button.

on PC1:

I change NOthing in wideserver.ini,although in some threads,there I saw modified wideserver.ini ...don´t know,what is correct,but it looks now like this:

[user]

Log=Errors+

In FSUIPC,I selected "Select for FS control" then "keysend 1-255,parameter 1" and for released butoon "keysend 1-255 ,parameter 2"

And in fsuipc.ini,I have the following:

[buttons]

1=P1,1,C1006,1

2=U1,1,C1006,2

That´s all,but it still doesn´t work for me :( Any ideas?

Thank you,

Adam

I know,it has been discussed here many times,but although I have read nearly all threads regarding my problem,nothing helped :(

As many others,I want to have teamspeak on remote PC and PTT on CH yoke(master PC with FS2004)

There's a section in the WideFS Technical document all about that. What you list as having done seems exactly what Lee Glover (the chap who contributed that answer) said, so I don't really know why it worked.

Well, except that this worries me:

in teamspeak I checked "disable direct input"

I've never seen such an option mentioned before. Maybe TeamSpeak no longer accepts SendInput methods? Have you tried that option unchecked?

I hope someone else using TeamSpeak can help here!

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete!

Thank you for your answer,I tried to uncheck "disable direct input",but still it doesn´t work.

And shouldn´t I add anything to wideserver.ini under "user"?

Yes,I´d really appreciate any help from anyone,who uses this configuration w/o problems :wink:

And I noticed another problem :( When I register FSUIPC,Activesky 6.5 stays disconnected and doesn´t work,when I use only unregistered version of FSUIPC,it works without problems...any idea?

(I have valid registration...I use temporary licence,which expires 23.7.2007...so I hope,that in this area,there shouldn´t be a problem)

Thank you,

Adam

And shouldn´t I add anything to wideserver.ini under "user"?

No, WideServer is not really involved.

And I noticed another problem :( When I register FSUIPC,Activesky 6.5 stays disconnected and doesn´t work,when I use only unregistered version of FSUIPC,it works without problems...any idea?

Yes. That is almost always a result of an illegally generated Key.

(I have valid registration...I use temporary licence,which expires 23.7.2007...so I hope,that in this area,there shouldn´t be a problem)

Really? From where? I've never issued temporary licences. If this is from Project Magenta, then possibly it was one generated by an old version of the key generator which encoded the expiry wrong. You'd need to ask PM support for assistance.

Please load FS with FSUIPC registered, let it settle then close FSX, and show me the FSUIPC LOG.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

sorry for my late reply,I wasn´t at home.Yes´,I have it from PM...I will try to contact them for a new key.

So,here is my FSUIPC log:

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.75 by Pete Dowson *********

Running on Windows Version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

Verifying Certificate for "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MODULES\FSUIPC.dll" now ...

SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name="Marek Strmicky"

User Addr="FL210@seznam.cz"

FSUIPC Key is provided

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=40003605[40003605]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=15

4531 System time = 22:58:39

4531 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

4531 System time = 22:58:39, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

13937 FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.flt

13953 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

14094 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP"

16828 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

18078 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Dokumenty\Flight Simulator Files\UI generated flight.flt

18266 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

27250 System time = 22:59:01, FS2004 time = 22:58:51 (05:58Z)

27250 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 0 Allocs, 108 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed *** *******

And I´d still very appreciate,if someone could help me with proper setting of PTT on PC2...I still haven´t got it to work :( .

Thanks!

Yes´,I have it from PM...I will try to contact them for a new key.

So,here is my FSUIPC log:

It is a bad key -- or it has expired a little earlier than you said. If you'd like to ZIP up your FSUIPC.KEY file and send it to petedowson@btconnect.com I can check why.

And I´d still very appreciate,if someone could help me with proper setting of PTT on PC2...I still haven´t got it to work :( .

You won't get that working with a bad key, so that needs sorting first.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

just now,I have sent you a FSUIPC.keyif you could look at it,it would be great.

Do you think,that problem of configuring of PTT on PC2 was in a bad licence? Even,when both of my PCs were connected?

And is there any chance to get any temporary lic.,because I need widefs only for PTT function and I´d like to test it first,if it will be working....I don´t want to order it and then it shouldn´t work...it would make me angry...I hope,you understand to my thinking... :wink:

Thanks!

just now,I have sent you a FSUIPC.keyif you could look at it,it would be great.

I hope you Zipped it, or it won't get through.

Looking again at the Log, you have two things wrong:

FSUIPC Key is provided

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

You have a bad FSUIPC key AND your WideFS is not licensed at all, or is expired.

Do you think,that problem of configuring of PTT on PC2 was in a bad licence? Even,when both of my PCs were connected?

Not connected by WideFS, because there was no valid Key. See the WideServer Log.

And is there any chance to get any temporary lic.,because I need widefs only for PTT function and I´d like to test it first,if it will be working....I don´t want to order it and then it shouldn´t work...it would make me angry...I hope,you understand to my thinking

No, I don't do temporary licenses. Sorry. And how did you get one from PM if you are not even using PM?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

sorry,I forgot to zip it...I resent you an email with zipped key.

Yes,in fsuipc.log,widefs is not registered,because I was trying to find out why AS6.5 isn´t working etc. so I tried to unregister widefs,then you wrote me,that it was in a bed reg.key. But of course,when I tried to get PTT to work,wideFS was registered!

It is easy,once I wanted to start building my own cockpit and PM gave me a reg.keys but I had to cancel it because of money. So,and now,when I wanted to try if PTT will work,I remembered on PM and asked them on a temp.licence.

Thanks

sorry,I forgot to zip it...I resent you an email with zipped key.

Neither have arrived yet.

Pete

They both just arrived, together.

The FSUIPC key is valid and expires on 23rd July.

I'm afraid that the WideFS key in the KEY file is not and never was a WideFS key at all. It is an illegally generated FSUIPC key, made by a pirate generator by the look of it. Using it will stop both WideFS and FSUIPC working correctly.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I contacted PM and they corrected their key generator for WideFS

Now I have(I hope) a valid key for WideFS.(I sent you zipped key...you can check it)

But I have still problems!

Activesky 6.5 and PMDG still don´t work. I tried to find out why and I noticed,that it isn´t by registration of wideFS,but because of registration of FSUIPC. Even when I have only registered FSUIPC,AS6.5 is still disconnected and PMDG737 has black displays.When I remove fsuipc.key,all is working w/o problems.

Do you know,where is a problem now?

Thanks and look forward to your reply.

Activesky 6.5 and PMDG still don´t work. I tried to find out why and I noticed,that it isn´t by registration of wideFS,but because of registration of FSUIPC. Even when I have only registered FSUIPC,AS6.5 is still disconnected and PMDG737 has black displays.When I remove fsuipc.key,all is working w/o problems.

Your FSUIPC key is not valid then. The expiry date is only approximate in any case.

I've no idea why or how you are managing to get time-limited keys in any case when they are not for Project Magenta. does Katy know you are using them for other purposes?

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...