The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 Installation Error

Hello,

As I atempt to install FSUIPC4 I get this in my installation log.

********Start of Log********

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\FsX\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61355.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Probe Manifest fails to match base SimConnect needed to load FSUIPC4!

********End of Log********

Then I get an error telling me I need to repair FSX. I looked around this forum, and one person had the same issue, they repaired FSX and it worked. So I thought I'd give it a try. I repaired, same thing, I uninstalled and installed, same thing.

Any suggestions or help?

Thanks,

Lucas Dziesinski

... Probe Manifest fails to match base SimConnect needed to load FSUIPC4!

I looked around this forum, and one person had the same issue, they repaired FSX and it worked. So I thought I'd give it a try. I repaired, same thing, I uninstalled and installed, same thing.

You need to repair SimConnect, as the base version needed is somehow missing from your system. I don't know how you managed that, but to get the FSX repair facility to re-install SimConnect you first need to delete a folder -- otherwise it thinks it is okay even though it is not.

Please refer to the FSX Help announcement above which explains this.

Regards

Pete

Guest troppo1

I can load ver 10 but I get the same error when trying to install your latest version. If I do a Repair do I have to reload SP1?

I can load ver 10 but I get the same error when trying to install your latest version.

Same error as what? Sorry, but your message seems to come out of the blue, with nothing related to it. And what is "ver 10"? Do you mean 4.10. What do you think is different between 4.10 and 4.12?

If I do a Repair do I have to reload SP1?

No.

Pete

Guest troppo1
I can load ver 10 but I get the same error when trying to install your latest version.

Same error as what? Sorry, but your message seems to come out of the blue, with nothing related to it. And what is "ver 10"? Do you mean 4.10. What do you think is different between 4.10 and 4.12?

If I do a Repair do I have to reload SP1?

No.

Pete

Sorry Pete, just did a clean reinstall of FSX and was told you had a newer version than my 4.10, So I tried to install 4.12 but get the same error as above and it wont install.

ERROR: wrong simconnect version, need to repair, found later build simmconnect 61242(sp1may 07)

I was hoping the diff might allow me to see the Addons menu after installing Fsuipc but as usuall it doesnt, I have no Antivirus and no Firewall, I have a clean installation. 4.12 gives an error, 4.10 cant see the Addons menu.

Get the same problem everytime, was hoping it might be fixed with 4.12

Do I need to Repair a clean installation?

Sorry Pete, just did a clean reinstall of FSX and was told you had a newer version than my 4.10, So I tried to install 4.12 but get the same error as above and it wont install.

ERROR: wrong simconnect version, need to repair, found later build simmconnect 61242(sp1may 07)

What does the Install log show?

It sounds like you have a BAD install of the base FSX, after which you installed the SP1 update. You need to repair/reinstall the essential base version of SimConnect, which you can do by following the instructions in the FSX Help announcement above.

Get the same problem everytime, was hoping it might be fixed with 4.12

I'm afraid there is no way I can provide code which repairs SimConnect if that is installed incorrectly or gets corrupted. SimConnect is by Microsoft. I would love to include the SimConnect.MSI in my installer so that I could ensure a good installation, but Microsoft will not allow this (and yes, I have asked). You have to use the Microsoft DVD to repair, there's no choice.

Do I need to Repair a clean installation?

Your "clean" installation couldn't be that clean if it has the SP1 Simconnect installed -- you must surely have installed SP1 too?

And was your so-called "clean" install actually a re-install? If so, even if you un-installed first, this will not affect a bad SimConnect installation because the Windows Side-by-Side system for libraries like SimConnect won't un-install that easily, and, unfortunately, won't repair either unless the folder is actually missing -- please see the FSX Help for how to deal with it.

I have been complaining to Microsoft about the FSX repair simply not being thorough enough, to no end thus far. I just hope they can do something about it in a future update.

Regards

Pete

Guest troppo1

ok, I think I understand what the prob is now. I didnt delete the simmconnect folder?

Can you give the right order to unistall FSX/sp1 and then re install(clean)

to get Fsuipc working the first time I install it. There have been so many planes and scenery that wont work in FSX Sp1 that I am sure to be doing more clean installs in the near future.

thanks

Troppo

ok, I think I understand what the prob is now. I didnt delete the simmconnect folder?

If you had a Simconnect problem before and just tried to reinstall or rapir it without deleting that specific folder then Simconnect would not have been repaired. It seems that the installer checks for the presence of the folder and if it is there wrongly assumes all is well.

Can you give the right order to unistall FSX/sp1 and then re install(clean) to get Fsuipc working the first time I install it.

You don't need to un-install and re-install anything. Just follw the instructions in the FSX Help announcement above to repair the base SimConnect installation.

There have been so many planes and scenery that wont work in FSX Sp1 that I am sure to be doing more clean installs in the near future.

Something "not working" shouldn't mean you have to reinstall FSX. Just un-install whatever it is you no longer want.

Regards

Pete

Guest troppo1

I had everything working fine, then I added some scenery and all was well.

I then went on hols for 3 weeks, came back and started up FSX and all the sound had gone, i could the other persons plane in multiplayer but not my own. FS9 sound works fine but not FSX. deleteing the addon scenery had no affect, hence the reinstall. I'll do a repair and see how it goes.