The simFlight Network Forums

Probably a silly question but I tried AdvDisp in FSX and nothing seemed to happen.

It didnt show up in the menues so I am assuming there is no way to get it to work in FSX.

Too bad if thats true,Like your other programs this was a great little program........guess I"ll have to use 2004 on occasion to enjoy the good old AdvDisp days instead of that silly green bar across the screen..LOL LOL

Thanks

Chris :oops: :cry:

Probably a silly question but I tried AdvDisp in FSX and nothing seemed to happen.

It won't even get loaded by FSX. It isn't supported even on FS9 or before these days, being replaced with the new FSUIPC window facility.

... instead of that silly green bar across the screen.

The FSUIPC window facility, introduced into FSUIPC when AdvDisp was discontinued, is not a green bar across the screen, but a titled sizeable window which can be docked or undocked the same as any other FS window and which gets remembered in saved flights. Please do read the FSUIPC documentation some time. It does explain the window facilities quite early on, in both FSUIPC 3 and 4 user guides.

Incidentally, your "silly green bar" is also actually undockable and sizeable. You are merely referring to its default state.

There is also a freeware program called "ShowText", included in the WideFS package, which operates somewhat similarly to AdvDisp's window except that it is a separate program, primarily so that it can be used on a WideFS client PC.

Regards

Pete