The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS and Wideview

Hi Peter,

I use your FSUIPC to connect my first pc with FSX with second PC with FSX via WideFS. On second pc I have some gauges connected... OK

now I have buy also Widewiew cause I need to display on the second PC also additional view.

The configuration is:

First PC with 4 monitors for 2 view and some gauges (Radio, Throttle, EICAS )

Second PC with 4 monitor for 2 lateral view and other gauges (MFC, PFD, etc... all gauges are original window disancored of default 737 FSX)

the probmem is:

To use Wideview I need to run FSX on second PC

if I run FSX I cannot run WideFS on second PC.

I have also tried to install FSUIPC on second PC ..

there is a method to run WideFS and FSX on the second PC

..i need to use boot for my configuration !

Thanks

Massimo

I use your FSUIPC to connect my first pc with FSX with second PC with FSX via WideFS.

No, WideFS does not connect FSX to FSX.

To use Wideview I need to run FSX on second PC

if I run FSX I cannot run WideFS on second PC.

Correct. But then you do not need WideFS in any case. WideFS is to link FSUIPC applications running on a PC without FS to the PC which is running FS. All of your listed uses for the two PCs are for FSX things, not FSUIPC applications.

Regards

Pete

Sorry.... I don't understand...

In second PC i need to run FSX oto run WideView... OK

In second PC i need ALSO to run some gauges thak working with WideFS ( FSUIPC on first PC ) then....

In second PCif I run FSX to use videWiew I cannot start WideFS to use external gauges ( like OGS ) ....

is correct ?

thanks in advance....

Massimo

In second PC i need to run FSX oto run WideView... OK

In second PC i need ALSO to run some gauges thak working with WideFS ( FSUIPC on first PC ) then....

But you said "and other gauges (MFC, PFD, etc... all gauges are original window disancored of default 737 FSX) ". In other words it appears you said all those gauges are FS gauges, undocked and moved in their own windows. Did you not actually mean that?

If they are separate programs, like those from Project Magenta, which interface to FSUIPC then they will either have to interface to the FSUIPC in the FS on your PC2, or run in a separate PC from FS under WideClient.

In second PCif I run FSX to use videWiew I cannot start WideFS to use external gauges ( like OGS ) ....

If "OGS" is indeed a separate program using FSUIPC, then, yes, you are completely correct. You cannot run it on the same PC as FS and have it talking to another FS via WideFS. It isn't possible because WideClient is "pretending" to be FS -- it looks like FS to the program. And you can't have two FS's running together.

If the FSUIPC program you want to run is yours, and you can change it, then you could tell it to connect to a different Window class name -- there's a facility to run WideClient with a different class name (see the docs). But most programs interfacing to FSUIPC have fixed class name requirements.

Regards

Pete

Thankyou for your replay....

Yes, i need to run OGS in second PC

and i need to run WideView in second PC ( I have only 2 pc's !!!) .

I will try to change transmission protocol to OGS config file

( i have to chose FSUIPC, IOCP, and other than don't remember )

You think i can try to change class also to WideVIew ?

Thanks

Bye

PS: Exist another software to have a FS views on a separate connected PC ? ( like WideView? )

Thanks

Bye.

I will try to change transmission protocol to OGS config file

( i have to chose FSUIPC, IOCP, and other than don't remember )

Isn't IOCP a hardware interface, for buttons and so on? If this "OGS" is written to talk to FS only via FSUIPC then there won't be a way to change it via any "protocol" parameter.

There are only really two possibilities I can think of

1. With FSUIPC also installed on the second PC, in FS, will it supply your OGS with the information it needs? This really depends on whether WideView is transferring enough information to drive the gauges correctly -- you can check that by looking at the FS gauges on the 2nd PC.

2. Add another Monitor screen to the main PC and run your OGS program on the 1st PC instead.

You think i can try to change class also to WideVIew ?

That's not a sensible question I'm afraid, as WidevieW does not offer an external program interface.

Certainly, however, the author of the "OGS" program (which I've never heard of, by the way) could offer a parameter to allow you to change the FS class it uses to interface to FSUIPC -- it will be using "FS98MAIN" or "UIPCMAIN" at present. If it was changed to "FS98MAIN01", then it would interface to a Wideclient running with the parameter "ClassInstance=1" in its INI file (the Technical document in the WideFS package explains this).

PS: Exist another software to have a FS views on a separate connected PC ? ( like WideView? )

I've not tried it, but I thought FSX had its own multi-PC interface built-in, as part of its "multiplayer" facility. Surely the facilities used to allow the same aircraft to be piloted and co-piloted on two separate PCs would also show the correct gauges and so on on both PCs. All you'd need to do is run FSUIPC on the 2nd PC and use your OGS program there whilst showing the scenery view instead of the cockpit view in FSX.

Maybe this doesn't work so well as WidevieW, I don't know -- are there known advantages to using WidevieW over the default FSX facilities?

Regards

Pete