The simFlight Network Forums

Licencing clarification

Hi Peter,

I recently (within the last week) got a copy of the PM private price list and I noted with interest the following paragraph:

Customers using any product above are entitled to one license of FSUIPC and WideFS for connectivity, as well as a copy of WhazzUp Plus for Terrain Generation. One license per customer and please specify whether you want it for FS2004 or FSX.

Am I reading this correctly; when I purchase one of the "main" PM products (PMSystems in this particular case) I can claim an FSUIPC licence for free?

when I purchase one of the "main" PM products (PMSystems in this particular case) I can claim an FSUIPC licence for free?

Sorry, you are asking at the wrong place. I think what you are reading simply refers to a bundling deal which PM offers its customers. Everything about it is dealt with by PM, no one else.

Regards

Pete

Sorry, you are asking at the wrong place. I think what you are reading simply refers to a bundling deal which PM offers its customers. Everything about it is dealt with by PM, no one else.

Right you are Pete. Thought you might know something about it (FSUIPC being your "baby" and all ;))

I'll reply to the email that the pricelist arrived on...

Thought you might know something about it (FSUIPC being your "baby" and all ;))

Vaguely -- it's a bundling deal offered by Project Magenta. I really don't know more than that, and I am not going to guess any details of a separate company's trading arrangements. However, bundles aren't the same thing as freebies, it is just inclusive pricing.

Regards,

Pete

In response to the OP, I have never been replied to from Enrico or Katy regarding this same question, as I have purchased FSUIPC for FS9, but not for FSX. So...I will ask them again- a 4th time.

Sorry I can't help, though I did read someplace that the original bundling offer was not forever extended (so wouldn't cover FSX, for instance). But I really have no concrete information.

Certainly Katy is usually very good at responding. Enrico seems tied up a lot recently, doing a lot of travelling. Please do double-check the email addresses you are using.

Regards

Pete