The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC3 and Vista

Hello,

I just got a new pc with Vista.im using FS2004 COF.i installed the latest version off your website of FSUIPC ,went into FS as administrator and hit modules and tried to register...no go, so i bought it again from sim-market and tried again.still no luck with the new key.

i went into control panel/user accounts and turned off user account and tried again..once again opening FS with "run as administrator" still could not register even with the new key.

Any possible help is apprecitated....i miss the program badly.. :shock:

Dave Kauffman Jr

I just got a new pc with Vista.im using FS2004 COF.i installed the latest version off your website of FSUIPC ,went into FS as administrator and hit modules and tried to register...no go, so i bought it again from sim-market and tried again.still no luck with the new key.

i went into control panel/user accounts and turned off user account and tried again..once again opening FS with "run as administrator" still could not register even with the new key.

When you say "no go" what do you mean? Describe what you see, what happens please.

Pete

ok..i hit moduals/fsuipc and the window opens.i put in my name and email address and then i copied and pasted my key into the boxes.i hit ok and i got a message on the FSUIPC box saying it was not a vadlid key code.

i went to do it again just now...was going to post a screen shot.BUT now everytime i hit the FSUIPC button the simulator crashes and i have to ctrl+alt+del out.tried this 4 times with no success..eachtime it crashed the sim.

sigh

ok..i hit moduals/fsuipc and the window opens.i put in my name and email address and then i copied and pasted my key into the boxes.i hit ok and i got a message on the FSUIPC box saying it was not a vadlid key code.

Just about the only thing that could do that is a error in one of the three parts. Try cutting and pasting all three sections, not simply the Key.

BUT now everytime i hit the FSUIPC button the simulator crashes and i have to ctrl+alt+del out.tried this 4 times with no success..eachtime it crashed the sim.

Assuming by "FSUIPC button" you mean the FSUIPC entry in the Modules menu, that is something else entirely --- probably a graphics driver problem, because the dialogue which appears is pure standard Windows. Try changing FS to Windowed mode first -- if it doesn't crash then it is definitely a graphics problem. There seem to be quite a few with these early Vista drivers.

Otherwise you need to think what has been changed since the attempts which didn't crash FS.

BTW I suppose you let FS2004 install itself into the default location -- Program Files etc etc? That's not really a good idea in Vista, since it protects all the Program Files folders. You may find quite a few of your add-ons having problems. I know it installs FS2004 as an "old" program, with fake (aliassed?) folders, but that seems to make things worse in some ways -- difficult to find things and confusion over what appear to be two of some things.

I have a Vista installation on a Notebook, which I don't use for anything serious, only testing things like installation. It is running Home Premium. I must say I don't like Vista muchI am hoping that many of its nasties will be fixed in the expected SP1 update.

Regards

Pete

Mr Dawson,two things i did differant,one i noticed on the email from sim-market my name was differant..Dave Kauffmanjr instead of David L Kauffman Jr..so i changed it on the register box to the former,and then i had also done as you said and changed the sim to windowed mode and it accepted the key,BUT the first time when i restarted i had resized the sim and closed and restarted..it hadnt changed..so i closed,opened,resized,registered,closed and open with it in windowed mode and it went in as registered...so i thank you very much sir...you are a gentleman...thank you Dave

i noticed on the email from sim-market my name was differant..Dave Kauffmanjr instead of David L Kauffman Jr.

That would be a crucial difference. In fact according to the receipts I've seen you spelled it "Dave Kauffmanjr" on the previous Key as well (the one purchased on 3rd October 2004).

... changed the sim to windowed mode and it accepted the key,BUT the first time when i restarted i had resized the sim and closed and restarted..it hadnt changed.

Not sure what that means. Sorry.

.so i closed,opened,resized,registered,closed and open with it in windowed mode and it went in as registered.

Ah, goodso you are flying now!? Have fun!

Regards

Pete (Dowson)