The simFlight Network Forums

4.1.5.2 Problem

Hi Pete:

Installed 4152 from 4150 this afternoon and FSX had two problems...

1 - Lost rudder control (Saitek Pro Rudders)

2 - FSX started hanging, then breaking free, and then hanging again getting progressively worse. I loaded the default startup to rule out add-on aircraft.

I'll keep testing as not to send you on a wild goose chase, however, if you've heard similar reports, please let me know if you've found anything.

Thanks,

Bob

KMEM

Installed 4152 from 4150 this afternoon and FSX had two problems...

4.150 was the one with problems. You had none?

1 - Lost rudder control (Saitek Pro Rudders)

2 - FSX started hanging, then breaking free, and then hanging again getting progressively worse. I loaded the default startup to rule out add-on aircraft.

Sorry, I'd need a lot more information than that.

I'll keep testing as not to send you on a wild goose chase, however, if you've heard similar reports, please let me know if you've found anything.

No. the intermittent hanging problem was in 4.150, possibly a little in 4.151 too, but I thought fixed in 4.152. That was the reason for the quick updates. It was caused by looping controls (non-intercepted controls being re-transmitted and received again, etc). Possibly you've found another way it can do this, but I need more information to track it as I am reasonably sure I covered all the routes for these through SimConnect.

In case this is what it is, I need:

1. FSUIPC4.INI file.

2. Set up for a SimConnect log file, as described in the "FSX Help" Announcement above.

3. Enable Axis logging in FSUIPC4 Logging options.

4. Reproduce the problems, in as short an FSX session as you can (else the Logs get too big).

5. Zip up the INI and two Logs and send to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Thanks,

Pete

I reinstalled and everything was fine.

Sorry about that Pete.

Phew! Great, such a relief! What did you re-install -- just FSUIPC4? Maybe the one which gave the problems was 4.150 after all? That would explain it if so.

Thanks for letting me know so quickly!

Regards

Pete