The simFlight Network Forums

Trim wheels - motorized throttle problem

Hi Peter

recently I have purchased a new motorized throttle from cockpitsonic.

My system works in parallel with the PFC driver (jetliner console) with latest release fsuipc 4.151- pfc 2.30 installed and FSX.

Problem is this:

After a normal take-off , trims wheels rotate in continuous.

some suggestion ?

regards

Paolo

recently I have purchased a new motorized throttle from cockpitsonic.

My system works in parallel with the PFC driver (jetliner console) with latest release fsuipc 4.151- pfc 2.30 installed and FSX.

There were still some problems with 4.151, please go get 4.152.

PFC 2.30 doesn't work with FSUIPC4 as it is the FS9 version. I assume you mean PFCFSX 4.30?

How does the PFC driver relate to a non-PFC throttle system? Or is the CockpitSonic device sourced from PFC and meant to be driven by the PFC driver? I've not heard of any motorised throttle at all from PFC. My 737NG cockpit has motorised trim, that's all. I'd love to have a motorised throttle system.

After a normal take-off , trims wheels rotate in continuous.

some suggestion ?

Sorry, none at all, since I don't know the equipment nor how it is controlled. Have you asked Cockpitsonic? I assume they know how it is supposed to work?

Regards

Pete

to clarify:

Yes PFCFSX 4.30.

I use pfc jetliner console only to utilize my old serial yoke .

Throttle quadrant on jetliner console is removed.

So actual motorised TQ is a separate unit (as sells cockpitsonic)

with different driver. fsuipc is in demand however and work together.

Paolo

So actual motorised TQ is a separate unit (as sells cockpitsonic)

with different driver. fsuipc is in demand however and work together.

Ah. In that case, since my software is not driving your motors at all, I can't really help. You need to talk to whoever did the driver for your throttle unit.

If it is inputting a trim axis value, don't forget that you would need to make sure it is disconnected when the FS autopilot is enabled in any vertical modes -- see the FSUIPC4 Miscellaneous options page, to quote from the User Guide:

Disconnect elevator trim axis for A/P: This option is aimed at those who are using an analogue trim axis instead of the more usual trim up/down buttons, wheels or levers. When the FS autopilot has control vertically (such as in altitude hold or glideslope acquired modes), it disconnects the elevator axis so that joystick inputs don’t upset things, but doesn’t do the same with the trim axis. This FSUIPC4 option fixes that. If it is enabled it also disconnects the trim axis if an add-on or external autopilot disconnects the elevator axis via the special facilities in the FSUIPC4 interface (ref: offset 310A for programmers among you). See also the note in box below.

However, this would only concern autopilot use, and you didn't actually mention any A/P.

Regards

Pete