The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC/Master Alternator= GEN Switches-How do I seperate?

Hi all

I am using the FDS SYS3 card for interfacing and I have successfully wired an on/off switch to turn on the GEN switches in the Lear 45, but it's listed as the Master Alternator. I want to assign 1 switch to the L GEN and 1 switch to the R GEN. Does anyone know what the name of these are and if they are in fact listed serperately? In fact, is there where I do this by choosing bit 2?:

092A

Engine 2 Starter switch position (Magnetos),

Jet/turbo: 0=Off, 1=Start, 2=Gen; Prop: 0=Off, 1=right, 2=Left, 3=Both, 4=Start

I tried some of the various options listed as

2880 GENERATOR_ALTERNATOR_1_BUS_VOLTAGE 761

FLOAT64

2888 GENERATOR_ALTERNATOR_1_BUS_AMPS 762

FLOAT64

but I didnt know which one was correct or would work and Im not sure this is possible without PM Systems software?

I want to assign 1 switch to the L GEN and 1 switch to the R GEN. Does anyone know what the name of these are and if they are in fact listed serperately?

If you'd searched the offsets list for "Generator", as I just did, you'd soon find the four separate Generator switches, one for each possible engine supported in FS, at offsets 3B78, 3AB8, 39F8 and 3938.

Please always try a search!

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete

I appreciate the answer, and will attempt. However, the search function in the Interface IT drop down list is a bit difficult to understand its sorting/listing in relation to what is put into the search box.

I will give it a try for the seperate switches.

However, the search function in the Interface IT drop down list is a bit difficult to understand its sorting/listing in relation to what is put into the search box.

What's this "Interface IT drop down"? Sorry, I don't know what you are doing, sorry. Surely you are using my documentation to get information about offsets. If not, what are you using? Document searches are straight-forward.

Pete

Oh, sorry Pete. It's the drop down box used for the Interface IT software solution for Flight Deck Solution's SYS cards for flight deck building. Yes, document searches are straight forward. It was originally more of an issue of knowing what its proper name was and if it was possible.

Thanks again.

Okay, now I have both GEN switches working beautifully in FS9 with the default Learjet 45 using the FDS SSY3 interfacing cards.

However, I now have the issue of not being able to turn on the Avionics. I have assigned a switch to the Avionics Master function, and this was done a week or so ago to test and it worked fine. I will admit that since I dont have these switches mounted, there could possibly be a short that is causing the switch assigned to Avionics Master to not send the proper signal to FS. However, I wonder if it's in the simulator logic?

When I press Ctrl-E everything fires up normally, and Avionics spring to life. However, when I go thru the startup process via hardware, I cannot get the Avionics to turn on.

My process:

BATT: ON

L or R ENG START: PRESS TILL 21%-Ignition occurs and it starts

L or R GEN: Press ON- everthing is fine

AVIONICS MASTER: Press ON/OFF- No action

Do you suspect a logic issue, or a short since I did have this same assignment working several days ago?

If it's logic, then I believe I must be missing a function assignment somewhere since when Ctrl-E is pressed all works as normal.

Thanks,

Do you suspect a logic issue, or a short since I did have this same assignment working several days ago?

I really don't know of any relationship inside FS which would affect the avionics switching on or off -- provided the battery is on and sufficiently charged -- the generators won't be doing much till the engines are started.

Why not just monitor the values inside FS -- use either the monitoring facilities (see Logging page), or FSInterrogate. Either can show you real-time changes in any FSUIPC offset.

If it's logic, then I believe I must be missing a function assignment somewhere since when Ctrl-E is pressed all works as normal.

Ctrl-E is a "cheat" in FS which bypasses any and all subsystems in any case. You can't really go by that.

Regards

Pete

Okay, then I will go back and double check that all connections are solid and isolated from each other to prevent any shorting, which could very well be the case. Like you, I dont see what the issue could be logics-wise since in the past, I could start the aircraft manually (but using the FS panel) and then turn the Avionics Master on via a hardware switch and all worked.

If not, then I will look into FSInterrogator.

Thanks for the quick reply!

If not, then I will look into FSInterrogator.

Quickest way, first, really, is to simply monitor the Avionics switch offset in FSUIPC's Logging page (set offset = 2E80, type=U32, and check the Adv or FS display option below).

You will see the value change on screen as you operate the switch. If it doesn't, you have a switch problem, if it does but the avionics still don't light up, it is another problem -- maybe battery. Check offset 281C as type U32 for the main battery switch and 2834 as FLT64 for the voltage. There's room for up to 4 variables to be shown all at once in any case.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...