The simFlight Network Forums

registration keys

Can I install FSUIPC or FSUIPC4 on another computer and use the same registration keys? I've tried and it won't recognize them.

Yes you can and yes it will. You need to register it properly, not simply copy the KEY file over. If it isn't working it is because you are making an error somewhere. Make sure all three parts (name, email, key) are exactly correct -- cut and paste from the original notification is best.

Also make sure the system date on that PC is correct, or at least certainly not earlier than your original Registration purchase.

Pete

Thanks. Doing more in depth reading about FSUIPC4, I see that what I want to do is have my other PC access the FSX program on the main computer it is installed on with the regestered FSUIPC (set it up as the server?) and then have the ability to utilize FSUIPC4 on the main computer to calibrate the CH flight sim yoke attached to the other PC. Is that possible? This will be the only flight sim yoke in the system.

I see that what I want to do is have my other PC access the FSX program on the main computer it is installed on with the regestered FSUIPC (set it up as the server?) and then have the ability to utilize FSUIPC4 on the main computer to calibrate the CH flight sim yoke attached to the other PC. Is that possible? This will be the only flight sim yoke in the system.

Your yoke must be on the PC running FSX. There is no advantage to having it on a Networked PC -- in fact there is a disadvantage in that the latency (delay) in the action in the aircraft of manipulating the main flight controls will not be acceptable, except possibly in the more normally sluggishly-responding aircraft.

Buttons, switches and so on are supported via a network through WideFS, but I don't support analogue axes that way for the above reasons.

Regards

Pete