The simFlight Network Forums

Button Screen Facility

Heya Pete:

I thought I'd try and implement the Button Screen facility on my WideFS machine. I've done the edits as described in the last part of the WideFS User Guide, setting up a screen identical to yours which I'd go back and edit later. However, nothing pops up at all when I start WideFS. What am I missing? Are there edits required elsewhere, on WideServer or FSUIPC ini files? Thanks! Hawg.

I've done the edits as described in the last part of the WideFS User Guide, setting up a screen identical to yours which I'd go back and edit later. However, nothing pops up at all when I start WideFS. What am I missing? Are there edits required elsewhere, on WideServer or FSUIPC ini files? Thanks! Hawg.

Please show me the WideClient.INI and LOG files, and the WideServer.LOG from the FS Modules folder.

Regards

Pete

Pete, just for more information, I use WideFS for ActiveSky and RadarContact. Both work excellently over the network, and even with these edits, they continue to do so. WideClient fires up at computer boot (part of Startup) and I normally have Visible=No per your previous advice. I changed that to Yes while trying to get this panel to work. I just get... well, nothing. What I'm wanting to do is move some keystrokes over to mouse-clickable buttons on this other computer (HAWGSERVER). Thanks for your prompt feedback.

Window=32000,32000,123,34

Visible=Yes

This window postion and size seem very odd. This implies a screen which is at least 32123 pixels wide by 32034 pixels deep. Since the largest displays tend to be more like 1600 x 1200 I suspect that, even though you have "Visible=Yes" the window is nowhere to be seencorrect? It way off the screen a few yards to the right and downwards!

Delete the Window= line so WideClient can default. Then size the window to get a reasonable size for each of the "Button" rectangles you then get.

The Button rectangles get drawn immediately WideClient is ready, the labels are filled in when it connects.

Regards

Pete

Well, Pete... dogonnit... I plugged in my monitor that goes several yards out and a few feet down, and sure 'nuff there it was. I removed the Window= line, and sure 'nuff, it showed up on my regular-sized monitor. Thanks... now I'll play with it and see if I can scare up some results. THANKS!

Hawg.