The simFlight Network Forums

steering tiller

Dear Mr Dowson,

I have a steering tiller (linear potentiomenter) connected with a MCPEX1 of CPFLIGHT (analogic in), but in the offset of analogic in not is write the offset of steering. Please tell me the offset of insert in analogic in for work it with FSUIPC.

Sorry for my english

ciao

Giuseppe

I have a steering tiller (linear potentiomenter) connected with a MCPEX1 of CPFLIGHT (analogic in), but in the offset of analogic in not is write the offset of steering. Please tell me the offset of insert in analogic in for work it with FSUIPC.

I'm afraid there is no "offset" for a steering axis input, though that's certainly something I will consider adding (but for FSX only). The steering tiller facility in FSUIPC is based on using a joystick axis, and assigning that axis to the tiller control. Can the CPFLIGHT hardware emulate a joystick in that way?

You can drive controls through FSUIPC offset 3110. For an axis control you'd provide the axis value as the parameter. However, the FSUIPC steering tiller facility isn't actually an FS control at all, so it is still a problem. For FSX there are two possible solutions:

1. Use the new FSX steering tiller axis control (STEERING_SET, 66818), via FSX -- FSUIPC4 calibration is not involved for this.

2. Use that, or any other otherwise unused axis control, and tell FSUIPC4 by adding this line to its [JoystickCalibration] section (in the INI file):

SteeringTillerControl=

This was you do get to calibrate the axis in FSUIPC4.

I'm afraid there's no real answer for FS9 except to use the rudder control. It operates the rudder in FS after all.

Regards

Pete