The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC error message and Radar Contact

Occassionally, Radar Contact outputs the following error message:

"fsuipc_wait, can´t get D008 to change from 11374281 always 11374281"

Afterwards, the only alternative is to shutdown Radar Contact as it no longer responds.

I posted at Radar Contact's AVSIM forum but to no avail.

Anyone know the cause?

• 2 weeks later...

Afterwards, the only alternative is to shutdown Radar Contact as it no longer responds.

Anyone know the cause?

Sounds like quite an old bug which hasn't been seen for a year or two. Are both your Radar Contact and FSUIPC installations completely up to date? If not, update them.

Regards

Pete

Anyone know the cause?

Sounds like quite an old bug which hasn't been seen for a year or two. Are both your Radar Contact and FSUIPC installations completely up to date? If not, update them.

Regards

Pete

FSUIPC is version 3.75 and Radar Contact is v4.23

Do you know what causes the problem or how to avoid?

Thanks,

Well they seem okay. Check the build number of RCV4: is it 3845 or better (from February this year)? That's the one I use. If so, it is odd, then, because I know that bug was explicitly fixed by John Dekker quite some time ago.

Is it possible that your system is pretty heavily loaded?

Not without more information. It was caused by a slightly incorrect use of the protocol (handshake) used by RC to read AI Traffic aircraft airline+flight number values. The message implies that it is stuck waiting for a reply which never comes because it has actually missed it.

Are you running everything on one PC?

If you have everything up to date (build 3845) and you can confirm 9from the FSUIPC.LOG file) that it is indeed 3.75, then all I can suggest is that you do some logging for me to check. Go to FSUIPC Options in FS, select the Logging tab, and on the right-hand side enter these details in the Monitor table:

offset D004 as type U32

offset D008 as type U32

offset D00C as type U32

offset D000 as type U32

and check "normal Log" below.

Run RCV4 until you get the error, then close FS, ZIP up the Log and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Please also describe your system a bit, including what you are running and where.

Regards

Pete

Well they seem okay. Check the build number of RCV4: is it 3845 or better (from February this year)? That's the one I use. If so, it is odd, then, because I know that bug was explicitly fixed by John Dekker quite some time ago.

Is it possible that your system is pretty heavily loaded?

Not without more information. It was caused by a slightly incorrect use of the protocol (handshake) used by RC to read AI Traffic aircraft airline+flight number values. The message implies that it is stuck waiting for a reply which never comes because it has actually missed it.

Are you running everything on one PC?

If you have everything up to date (build 3845) and you can confirm 9from the FSUIPC.LOG file) that it is indeed 3.75, then all I can suggest is that you do some logging for me to check. Go to FSUIPC Options in FS, select the Logging tab, and on the right-hand side enter these details in the Monitor table:

offset D004 as type U32

offset D008 as type U32

offset D00C as type U32

offset D000 as type U32

and check "normal Log" below.

Run RCV4 until you get the error, then close FS, ZIP up the Log and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Please also describe your system a bit, including what you are running and where.

Regards

Pete

The full version of Radar Contact is v4.2.3831. My version of RC4 is dated July 2006.

My system is networked with WideFS for ASv6.5 and FS RealTime. I normally run FS9 with AI slider at 100% except on takeoff and landing. Both server and client are running XP with SP2.

The most recent occasion for the error was a flight in PMDG's 747-400F from ESGG with SEA's CheckList Manager and AI max at 100%.

Instead of reproducing the error it appears I need build 3845 or better. I will check the homepage for updates.

Thanks,

My system is networked with WideFS for ASv6.5 and FS RealTime. I normally run FS9 with AI slider at 100% except on takeoff and landing. Both server and client are running XP with SP2.

And RC on the Client too? That's similar to my setup if so - ASV6.5, FSRealTime, RC all on the same Client PC (also with pmSystems, pmSounds and SA-WXR). I only run FS on the Server.

Instead of reproducing the error it appears I need build 3845 or better. I will check the homepage for updates.

Okay. You could also simply try the check for updates button on RC's main screen. The build number is also displayed there someplace.

Regards

Pete

And RC on the Client too? That's similar to my setup if so - ASV6.5, FSRealTime, RC all on the same Client PC (also with pmSystems, pmSounds and SA-WXR). I only run FS on the Server.

Okay. You could also simply try the check for updates button on RC's main screen. The build number is also displayed there someplace.

Regards

Pete

RC is on the server as I do not have sound on the client.

The update button on RC's main screen indicates there are no updates available. I always used the update button until now.

Ah, shame, as having separated sound (even via headphones for extra realism) is one of the benefits of using a Client for RC. Can't you connect something to the on-board sound most mobos have?

The update button on RC's main screen indicates there are no updates available. I always used the update button until now.

Hmmm. I think you should maybe write to RC support and ask them about that latest build then. Let me know if you get no joy and I'll try and find out what was changed between your build and mine.

Incidentally, overloading on the FS PC might possibly be making RC run rather spasmodically and this is how it is missing the handshake, though that shouldn't really happen. Another benefit of using it on the client is less to slow both RC and FS down. That said, I know lots of folks who run RC on the same PC with no such problems.

Regards

Pete

Ah, shame, as having separated sound (even via headphones for extra realism) is one of the benefits of using a Client for RC. Can't you connect something to the on-board sound most mobos have?

Hmmm. I think you should maybe write to RC support and ask them about that latest build then. Let me know if you get no joy and I'll try and find out what was changed between your build and mine.

Incidentally, overloading on the FS PC might possibly be making RC run rather spasmodically and this is how it is missing the handshake, though that shouldn't really happen. Another benefit of using it on the client is less to slow both RC and FS down. That said, I know lots of folks who run RC on the same PC with no such problems.

Regards

Pete

At first I posted on RC AVSIM forum and was told to supply a debug log which I could not produce as the error is sporadic. It was never mentioned the fixes between my build 3831 and the latest build 3843.

My last flight from ESGG with PMDG's QOS and SEA's CheckList Manager seemed to put stress on the communication between FS, FSUIPC, RC and SEA's Checklist Manager as there was not much AI traffic. I restarted the flight without SEA's CheckList Manager and the error message did not return.

Thanks for your help.

My last flight from ESGG with PMDG's QOS and SEA's CheckList Manager seemed to put stress on the communication between FS, FSUIPC, RC and SEA's Checklist Manager as there was not much AI traffic. I restarted the flight without SEA's CheckList Manager and the error message did not return.

I don't know this "Checklist Manager". Is this also an FSUIPC user? Could you give some more details please?

Pete

SEA' CheckList Manager uses FSUIPC and ABL scripting language. CLM replaces the paper checklist with text descriptions transparent window that you can move (drag & drop) and scale as you wish

Hmmm. I wonder if its use of FSUIPC is clashing with RCs. Really the protocol for reading the AI Traffic data should be okay for multiple users, but I've seen some strange variations on how folks drive it.

Pete

I have since completed another flight in PMDG's QOS from Bahrain (OBBI) to London, Stansted (EGSS). The flight was under guidance of SEA's CheckList Manager and the AI setting throughout was 100%. I scaled the AI percentage to 70% once with 200 miles of EGSS. Also, I had AI Smooth v1.2 running on the client.

No problems encountered.