The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle Quadrant mixture

LouP

Hi Pete,

I finally broke down and bought FSUIPC for FS9. However, I am having a little trouble calibrating my mixture levers on my throttle quadrant. The other levers seem to be OK but the mixture lever is moving strangely. It seems to move real slow then stop at the halfway point, then with a slight more movement, jump to cut-off. Maybe I am getting confused with the rev button for these but I assumed that rev meant in the indent position.

LouP

• 2 weeks later...
... but the mixture lever is moving strangely. It seems to move real slow then stop at the halfway point, then with a slight more movement, jump to cut-off. Maybe I am getting confused with the rev button for these but I assumed that rev meant in the indent position.

Rev button? What's that, please?

Assuming you have a prop loaded (the mixture wouldn't be used in a jet, not as such anyway), then you should be able to calibrate any lever as Mixture, assuming it is so assigned, either in FS or FSUIPC. All FSUIPC's calibration does it set the extremes (full lean to full rich) to the values you tell it to when you click the "Set" buttons over the appropriate columns. It then spreads the intervening values appropriates between. It really is that simple.

If the incoming values a jumping about then it is either a broken pot or you have some other driver in there which is doing this. Take a look at Windows' own Game Controllers calibration.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Glad to see you are back. Here is what is going on. All the levers are working properly except for the mixture levers. All three six levers from what I recall have three calibration points, please correct me if I am wrong as it would mean that something else is going on. I tried to set the mixtures using various setting with the three calibration points and it seems that I can get either smooth movement for only half the distance of travel in the sim or I can wind up with this "gap" or "dead spot" in the midddle to which the levers want to gravitate to. I am not sure how else to explain it. I will be pulling the lever back and the distance traveled in the sim does not seem proportionate to the distance traveld on the TQ. Then all of a sudden with a little more movement, the lever in the sim "jumps" to the center position. I then have a large range of travel ("free" tavel zone on the TQ) where nothing happens at all. If I keep pulling back on the lever, it will eventually cause the lever to move once again in the sim. Its like there is this big dead spot right in the middle of the full forward and full aft position. I hope this helps explain my issue better (using some unique description :)). Other than this one issue everything is working much better than when I was using CH's control manager. I really like the fact that I can once again fly an aircraft with more than two engines while using FSUIPC, clever programming.

Thanks,

LouP 8)

All three six levers from what I recall have three calibration points, please correct me if I am wrong as it would mean that something else is going on.

Three calibration points? not normally. What calibration page are you looking at?

I tried to set the mixtures using various setting with the three calibration points and it seems that I can get either smooth movement for only half the distance of travel in the sim or I can wind up with this "gap" or "dead spot" in the midddle to which the levers want to gravitate to. I am not sure how else to explain it. I will be pulling the lever back and the distance traveled in the sim does not seem proportionate to the distance traveld on the TQ. Then all of a sudden with a little more movement, the lever in the sim "jumps" to the center position.

There's a problem I don't understand then. What do you think a "centre" position on a mixture lever would do? How are you managing to calibrate three points on any of these. (There ARE pages with "centres" but they are for special purposes, like reverse ranges).

I then have a large range of travel ("free" tavel zone on the TQ) where nothing happens at all. If I keep pulling back on the lever, it will eventually cause the lever to move once again in the sim. Its like there is this big dead spot right in the middle of the full forward and full aft position.

What happens if you assign that lever to something else, like a normal throttle, then? Does it do the same? Does it EVER work correctly? Maybe the pot is bad, as I suggested?

Regards

Pete