The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC - HELP!

I'm getting a message from FS2004 which prevents me from flying. This is a new message and I have no idea what changed to cause it.

The POPUP i get when I run FS2004 says:

"The version of FS2004 detected is not compatible with this version of FSUIPC! It is build 9.0.1 40901..."

"Check the Help-About: the build should be 9.00.30612."

"FSUIPC will terminate when you select OK".

I then hit "OK" and FS2004 will sit for a while then come back with a FS9 error that says:

"Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled".

"File: FSUIPC.dll"

Then when I hit "OK" FS2004 will sit for a while and then close with no additional information.

I purchased the key for FSUIPC and I've been flying regularly for months. This is a new issue (within the last 4 days) and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thanks in advance,

Terry Peterson

The POPUP i get when I run FS2004 says:

"The version of FS2004 detected is not compatible with this version of FSUIPC! It is build 9.0.1 40901..."

It means your version of FS2004 is later than the version of FSUIPC you are using -- you are running FS9.1 whilst your FSUIPC is way out of date. Just download the current version (3.75) and install that.

I purchased the key for FSUIPC and I've been flying regularly for months. This is a new issue (within the last 4 days)

If you haven't just updated FS to FS9.1 it seems likely that you have installed some (pretty naughty!) product which installed an old version of FSUIPC without bothering to check whether you already had a later one.

just install the current version.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete,

That corrected the problem; some software over wrote the FSUIPC file. A new one cropped up after I installed your latest file. It's a problem with Captain Sim's planes which I'll work through.

I recently purchased FSX, will I need to buy another key? I'm going to be using both versions of FS until there are more extras developed for FSX.

Regards,

Terry