The simFlight Network Forums

PFC and FSUIPC VERSIONS

Which versions of PFC and FSUIPC are comatible with FSX SP1 on an XP SP2 system using a gameport for the Precision Flight Controls yoke.

The PFC yoke is not driven by my PFC driver unless it is wired for and connected through a PFC digital control system -- which in turns connects to a serial or USB port. The direct connected yoke is a normal joystick and is driven by normal joystick drivers. You do not use my PFC driver.

Doesn't the yoke come with any documentation at all? I should need to tell you these things.

As far as versions of my software are concerned, the answer is always "the current ones". I only support current versions in any case. Please check the Announcements above.

Regards

Pete

I was referring to the drivers that would enable me to access the throttle quadrant.

What throttle quadrant? You actually said you were "using a gameport for the Precision Flight Controls yoke". Do PFC make a game port throttle quadrant? If so, the same answer applies. I only provide a driver for the digital control systems, and they connect to a serial or USB port.

It sounds as if you need to refer to any documentation which came with your equipment to see what you need to do with them. If you do need to use any of my programs, the versions you need are always the latest ones, as listed in one of the Announcements above -- the "List of Current Supported versions".

Pete

Pete, just to let you know I have a quadrant connected via serial port. Everything worked fine in FS2004. Now have to find the file in FSX equivalent to the FS2004 Modules file.

Okay. All my files are still all available in the usual place -- http://www.schiratti.com/dowson . Have you actually looked? Have you even looked at any of the Announcements in this Forum, which tell you all about all this stuff?

Pete

Waiting to have a lot of fun! Only thing is, where do I install FSUIPC in FSX. Nothing about where to put it, having read the FSUIPC guide or am I missing something.

The FSUIPC4.ZIP file contains a program called "Install FSUIPC4", and even a "User Guide", which strangely enough, tells you to run the Install program! Just look at the section cunningly entitled "Installation"

Adding FSUIPC4 to FSX isn't a simple matter, it is done by the Installer!

Please do try to help yourself just a little! Although you said "Absolutely. Frequent looks." to my question as to whether you ever looked at the Announcements here, it seems you meant you "looked" but did not actually "read" them!

Next time I shall have to re-word such questions so I get a correct meaningful answer!

:-(

Pete