The simFlight Network Forums

I just want to fly

I have a licenced version of FSUICP.

This morning I wanted to fly a nice trip on my FSX but all my joystick settings where gone and also my button settings.

What is wrong? Do I have to load it again somewhere or does FSX load my aircraft specific settings automaticly.

What is the option reload all buttons?

I also can not find a FS.CFG file on my computer and I want to add the stick sensitivity line in it.

Please help.

I have a licenced version of FSUICP.

This morning I wanted to fly a nice trip on my FSX but all my joystick settings where gone and also my button settings.

Sounds like you deleted the FSUIPC4.INI file. All those settings are contained in there. It will be in the FSX Modules folder. Take a back-up next time. FSUIPC4 itself never deletes it, but it will write a new one if you do.

What is the option reload all buttons?

It simply re-reads the Button settings from the INI file. It allows you to make changes by directly editing the INI file (for the more advanced stuff like conditional actions or sequences) then load them in without having to close and restart FS.

I also can not find a FS.CFG file on my computer and I want to add the stick sensitivity line in it.

The FSX.CFG file is in your Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX folder -- unless you are using Vista, when it is somewhere similar.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

I found the file in my FSX modules folder but when I make new settings in the FSUIPC and press the ok button then this FSUIPC INI file is not changed.

You can see it because the date is the same. (04-10-2007)

Do you know what is wrong?

Greetings Nico

I found the file in my FSX modules folder but when I make new settings in the FSUIPC and press the ok button then this FSUIPC INI file is not changed. You can see it because the date is the same. (04-10-2007)

That was just two days ago. Is that when you installed FSUIPC4 or FSX? If not, what have you changed in the last two days?

Is the INI file, or the folder, read-only? Check their properties. If you used the FSUIPC4 installer (for any recent version -- 4.16 is the current one), then the Modules folder should be marked for read and write access. Otherwise, if you let FSX install in the Program Files folder, as it will by default, all of its folders are "read only".

Try re-running the FSUIPC 4.16 installer.

Pete

Hello Peter,

Thank you very much for your help because the problem is solved.

The modules folder was read only but in Vista and that is what I have you also have to run FSX as an Adminstrator.

Works perfect now and everything is beeing saved.

Greetings Nico

The modules folder was read only

Hmm .. it shouldn't be, because the recent versions of GSUIP4's installer changes it to read/write. It sounds like you installed an old version. Have you tried running the current install -- 4.16 or later?

you also have to run FSX as an Adminstrator

No, you should not need to do that, really.

Regards

Pete

Is it better to save the INI file and put it back later in the folder so I do not have to make all new settings for my joystick?

The only time any program touches it is when you run FSX and FSUIPC4 reads it and re-writes it. By all means keep a backup -- and of ytour FSUIPC4.KEY file too!

Regards

Pete