The simFlight Network Forums

FS Moving Map And FSUIPC Version

Pete,

> Maybe you can help with FS Moving Map.

>

> Last week I downloaded and installed it. I have the west coast sectional charts from Matt Fox installed. When I start FS2004 from KLAX and go to the Kneeboard and select A no map displays. I looked at the Log Text and it says FSUIPC failure incorrect version of FSUIPC or not FSUIPC. I have a registered FSUIPC version 3.74 installed. FS Moving Map is being used on the same PC that FS2004 is installed. I'm not using WideClient. What version of FSUIPC do you have? The manual suggests at-least FSUIPC version 3.44.

>

> I don't know if this is the problem or I've missed something.

>

> Thank You.

>

> Bill

Maybe you can help with FS Moving Map.

Not really, I don't know it.

Last week I downloaded and installed it. I have the west coast sectional charts from Matt Fox installed. When I start FS2004 from KLAX and go to the Kneeboard and select A no map displays. I looked at the Log Text and it says FSUIPC failure incorrect version of FSUIPC or not FSUIPC.

Not the FSUIPC Log. Show me the FSUIPC log, please. The complete log -- i.e. run FS, get the error, close FS, show me the FSUIPC Log file from the Modules folder.

I have a registered FSUIPC version 3.74 installed.

Well, 3.74 is not supported, it is too old. The oldest currently supported version is 3.75, as listed in the Announcements above.

However, that won't be the reason. Try removing, temporarily, the FSUIPC.KEY file from the Modules folder, to make it appear unregistered. If it then works you have something wrong with your Key. If it is still the same the most likely causes are either

(a) the DLL file is corrupt, causing the Signing check to fail, or

(b) the codesigning root for GlobalSign is not installed on your PC.

Checking the log should help determine which, though you can also right-click on the DLL itself, select Properties-Signature and see if it is correctly signed.

For more details on codesigning and fixes, read the current documentation or the first few paragraphs in the "Other Downloads" Announcement above.

Regards

Pete