The simFlight Network Forums

Odd issue...

Hey guys (and Pete!),

Seem to be having an odd issue here that I can't seem to figure out.

Basically, what seems to happen is this: When I login to VATSIM, I can either see people or I can't. If I can not, what I end up doing is closing SB3 all together, and re-launching it. 99% of the time that will fix the issue.

The annoying part is this... if I'm in an area where there is no traffic, I wont know if it is working correctly or not unless I get to my destination and see (or don't see) any traffic.

Another odd issue that directly ties into this is that regardless of whether or not I can see the traffic, if I open up FSnav (multiplayer) or look at my TCAS, I can see the traffic there, but not visually in front of me.

Pete, if you have any information regarding this, that would be great! (By the way, I love WideFS - haha)

Have plenty of the folders shared on the network and all seems to be going well with WideFS except that one issue. All help is greatly appreciated!

-Chase (Sim2Flight)

Another odd issue that directly ties into this is that regardless of whether or not I can see the traffic, if I open up FSnav (multiplayer) or look at my TCAS, I can see the traffic there, but not visually in front of me.

Multiplayer aircraft are injected into FS9 through an interface I know little about, and which is of course completely separate from FSUIPC.

I have no idea where FSNav gets its data, but it certainly isn't from FSUIPC either. As for TCAS, some such gauges get the data from FSUIPC, some don't.

However, it sounds rather as if the multiplayer data is being received by FS, but for some reason it just isn't generating the visuals. If FS didn't have the data, how would FSNav get it? (Or does it have a facility to get it direct from SB?)

Have plenty of the folders shared on the network and all seems to be going well with WideFS except that one issue. All help is greatly appreciated!

WideFS only provides an FSUIPC interface, so plays no part in this. The interface involved is the direct TCP/IP one provided by FS for MP. I'm afraid I really can't help at all with that. If FS isn't receiving the data at all -- and FSNav and TCAS are getting theirs some other way -- then you need to check the setup of MP in FS. The TCP/IP and port settings and so on, I assume. Sorry, I've never used it myself.

Regards

Pete