The simFlight Network Forums

Traffic Zapper

Is it possible to invoke the Traffic zapper function throu code instead of mapping it to a button ?

Yes, of course. If is an FSUIPC-added control with a published control number. You can send any FS or FSUIPC control via offset 3110.

If you want to Zap specific aircraft your own code selects from the FSUIPC TCAS tables, that facility, to do it with the aircraft ID, has been available for several years -- see the Programmers Guide.

Pete

Ok, if I use the control number the function do not need to be mapped to a specific key ?

:roll: Of course not. What would the key be used for if you are writing to FSUIPC directly? What would be the use of a key press or a button if it were never used? Who would see it and act on it anyway?

Please look up offset 3110. I get the feeling there's a serious misunderstanding here of what the FSUIPC application interface is all about. Please tell me you understand a bit about it, else we'll have to go to absolute basics! ;-)

Regards

Pete

I'll think I have quite good grip about it, but I havn't used this specific offset

The background is that I have a application monitoring the current flight session and displaying all connected flights on a webbpage,

one new thing could be to allow the user to use the Zapp function during certain

circumstances for each "session".

So, providing this function from a button from the external appliction will make it

possible to restrict the use to one time.

But if the user maps the function to a key he can access it how many times he want's.

Their is maybe no way of restrictning access ?

When you mention mapping to key's, are they "WideFS form keys" you are meaning ?

Then it would be possible to check the WideFS ini file for the current configured key's.

Best regards

Their is maybe no way of restrictning access ?

No. It's just another control, like all the others.

When you mention mapping to key's, are they "WideFS form keys" you are meaning ?

Sorry, I'm lost. I didn't mention mapping to keys. You did. And what are WideFS form keys?

Regards

Pete