The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC not showing in 'addons'

I've installed FSX and the latest FSUIPC, but when I start up FSX no addon menu item displays (no other addons installed)

simconnect0.log

0.00000 SimConnect version 0x00000002

141.94791 Panels data export found and set to 20A41990
231.81529 DLL Loaded:  Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll"  Version="4.2.0.0"

FSUIPC install.log

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.20

Looking in registry for FSX install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
SetupPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
Checking version of FSX.EXE:
... Version 10.0.60905.0  (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)
Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:
... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)
Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:
       C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL
... No previous valid version found.
FSX Modules folder created okay!
Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"
Looking for the current user's Application Data path: 
... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data"
Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one
Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data"
Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!
Now checking DLL.XML ...
... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.
No previous FSUIPC4 entry found, so adding it now ...
... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay
Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...
... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.
Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data"
No FSX.CFG there
Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data"
No FSX.CFG there
Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data"
No FSX.CFG there
Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data"
No FSX.CFG there
Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:
   Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay
   Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

All installer tasks completed okay!

*************** End of Install Log ***************

FSUIPC.log

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.20 by Pete Dowson *********
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC4 not user registered
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
Running inside FSX (SimConnect Original)
Module base=61000000
DebugStatus=0
    45265 System time = 07:33:19
    45265 FLT UNC path = "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
    45265 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
    48125 LogOptions=00000001
    89953 Failed on SimConnect_Open, return = 0x80004005: FSUIPC4 cannot operate!
   108687 **** Retrying SimConnect connection****
   149968 Failed on SimConnect_Open, return = 0x80004005: FSUIPC4 cannot operate!
   165000 **** Retrying SimConnect connection****
   195734 Failed on SimConnect_Open, return = 0x80004005: FSUIPC4 cannot operate!
   206921 System time = 07:36:01
   206921 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 2 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

I tried running without my firewall on also, but it still didn't work. Any ideas what's wrong?

I've installed FSX and the latest FSUIPC, but when I start up FSX no addon menu item displays (no other addons installed)

Running inside FSX (SimConnect Original)

89953 Failed on SimConnect_Open, return = 0x80004005: FSUIPC4 cannot operate!

I tried running without my firewall on also, but it still didn't work. Any ideas what's wrong?

This is a sure indication of a security program issue. With some such programs, even if apparently disabled, the only answer is uninstalling them. McAfee was one such, though they did come up with a fix for that soon after it was reported, so it may just be a matter of updating your version of whatever it is.

An alternative for you might be to purchase and install FSX Acceleration, or wait a while and get the free SP2 update. The new way Simconnect works for local add-ons gets around the security issues by not using TCP/IP at all (for programs like FSUIPC 4.20 which use the latest options). As I see you still haven't installed the important and free SP1 update for FSX, if you do wait for SP2 be sure to install SP1 first. On the other hand, if you purchase Acceleration that installs SP1 for you.

Regards

Pete

Firstly, thank you for the speedy reply.

Secondly, sorry I was so slow to respond.

Thirdly, I've been doing some messing around, (installing patches, disabling antivirus, etc.) and I noticed that the contents of my FSUIPC.log had changed.

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.20 by Pete Dowson *********
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC4 not user registered
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
Running inside FSX (SimConnect SP1 May07)
Module base=61000000
DebugStatus=0
     1125 System time = 07:15:11
     1125 FLT UNC path = "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
     1125 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
     6500 LogOptions=00000001
     8735 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
    35891 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61355.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61242.0)
    35891 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
    35922 FSUIPC Menu entry added
    39735 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT
    39735 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR
   133094 System time = 07:17:23
   133094 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 2 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Strange thing is, there's a line there saying 'FSUIPC Menu entry added' but I didn't see an 'addons' section on the left. Am I looking in the wrong place? Or is this some kind of stealth bug?

Thirdly, I've been doing some messing around, (installing patches, disabling antivirus, etc.) and I noticed that the contents of my FSUIPC.log had changed.

Right. Whatever it was, you have solved it. FSUIPC4 is running fine according to that, with a proper connection to SimConnect.

Strange thing is, there's a line there saying 'FSUIPC Menu entry added' but I didn't see an 'addons' section on the left. Am I looking in the wrong place? Or is this some kind of stealth bug?

Where "on the left" are you looking for an "Addons section"? It isn't a "section", it is a Menu item, just an addition to the regular menu. SimConnect provides the menu entry. It is called "AddOns" which appears as the RIGHT-MOST menu entry when you press ALT to bring up FSX's Menu -- the one with "Flights", "World", etc along the top. FSUIPC4 merely asks SimConnect to add "FSUIPC" to that AddOns menu. Other Add Ons will be doing the same, as and when ytou add them.

You have seen Menu bars in Windows programs before, surely? They are little strips going left to right on the top of the viewing screen, just below the title bar (if you are in Windowed made).

I assume you are actually running FSX? You have the scenery view before you, the cockpit gauges maybe showing below, all ready to fly? The FS Menu is part of the main FS program display, it isn't some "section" in some dialogue someplace! Have you never used it beofre, to change flights or aircraft or weather or options or anything?

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Pete or anybody else

I´ve the same problem.

Here´s my fsuipc install report:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.20

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61355.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.200 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\martin\Anwendungsdaten"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Default User\Anwendungsdaten"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\LocalService\Anwendungsdaten"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\martin\Anwendungsdaten"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\martin\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Looking in "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\NetworkService\Anwendungsdaten"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

All installer tasks completed okay!

The file is right copied to C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules. But there is no menu item when i go flying.

I also use FS X SDK. Should I deinstall this one?

SP 1 for FSX is updated. My system: Windows XP SP2.

I don´t use McAfee. My virus protect is GDATA. I deactivated it, but without success.

What´s wrong?

Thanks

Martin

Here´s my fsuipc install report

That shows FSUIPC4 installed okay. Where's the FSUIPC4.LOG? This would show if FSUIPC4 is loaded but experienced a SimConnect problem.

I also use FS X SDK. Should I deinstall this one?

No. Is there a "Tools" menu for your SDK add-ons?

I don´t use McAfee. My virus protect is GDATA. I deactivated it, but without success. What´s wrong?

Deactivation may not be enough. But see if there's an FSUIPC4.LOG. Also see the FSX Help announcement above. You may need to get a SimConnect log.

Pete

Thanks for your answer.

I deleted all fsuipc.dll (so in FS2002 and in FS X). Then I installed FSUIPC4.dll once more. The install report was OK. Then I started FS X. There is no menu item shown. I searched my PC for fsuipc4.log, but I couldn´t find. FS X SDK creates also no menu item, but I don´t know if it is right installed (C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator SDK).

I only see the way to install my FS X again. Sorry for my English, but I´m a Bavarian citizen.

Pete, what´s up?

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying -- as mentioned in the Announcements above, my wife and I were off touring Argentina & Chile (by steam trains where possible) immediately after I returned to the UK from the AVSIM FanCon in Seattle.

Thanks for your answer.

I deleted all fsuipc.dll (so in FS2002 and in FS X). Then I installed FSUIPC4.dll once more. The install report was OK. Then I started FS X. There is no menu item shown. I searched my PC for fsuipc4.log, but I couldn´t find. FS X SDK creates also no menu item, but I don´t know if it is right installed (C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator SDK).

Just installing the SDK adds nothing to FSX. You actually have to edit the DLL.XML file to get those utlities you want to run. then you may get a "Tools" menu. It doesn't affect the Add-Ons menu.

If there is no FSUIPC4.LOG file then FSUIPC4 is simply not being loaded at all. This can only mean one of these:

1. The DLL.XML file is wrong. Find it (in the same folder as your FSX.CFG file) and delete it, then re-install FSUIPC4. (Your FSUIPC Install Log will give you the location of the DLL.XML file, as in this example:

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\martin\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

2. If this doesn't work, check the FSUIPC4 Install log and make sure it says:

and never finds a SimConnect.XML file. If it does, delete it.

3. If both things fail, we'll need a SimConnect Log. Please see the FSX Help Announcement above to find out how to get one of those.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete. I decided to format my hard disk. I installed FS X with SP1 once more. Now it´s okay. But I´ve got another problem now. I can´t see the instrument panels, which I start to view over Shift+(1-9). It only shows quite short a black box, nothing else. Maybe you know what to do. PC´s are living their own life :D . Martin

Now it´s okay. But I´ve got another problem now. I can´t see the instrument panels, which I start to view over Shift+(1-9). It only shows quite short a black box, nothing else. Maybe you know what to do.

Hmm. No, not really. you've got the main instrument panel okay? What if you use the Views menu to select the other subpanels? Is this will all default aircraft?

If it is for all panels, everything, then it sounds like it has to be either a corrupt module in FSX, so a repair should fix it, or, if you are getting the right shape/size black boxes but no graphics, some graphics setting or video driver incompatibility. You say you reformatted the hard disk -- extreme, that! -- so presumably you installed new video drivers after Windows? Maybe these weren't the ones you had before?

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete. Now I know the problem with the instrument panels. I had to put the level of the 2D-Cockpit-transpareny (via options-settings-view-aircraft - german: "optionen-einstellungen-anzeige-luftfahrzeug") from 0% - 20%. A value over 20% cause this problem with my pc-system. Thank you for all.

Best regards

Martin

Hello Pete. Now I know the problem with the instrument panels. I had to put the level of the 2D-Cockpit-transpareny (via options-settings-view-aircraft - german: "optionen-einstellungen-anzeige-luftfahrzeug") from 0% - 20%.

Odd. Why would you want transparent 2D panels anyway? They certainly don't come set like that, but totally opaque.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted.

Regards

Pete