The simFlight Network Forums

fs9 aircraft doors offset

Can anyone point in the right direction for opening/closing main aircraft doors.

I can read from offset 2A70 and have also been able to write to that offset, but when I open the aircraft door it immediately shuts again.

Is there another offset I should be using to write to. Searched through the forum and also SDK documentation and the canopy offset is the only one I can find that deals with aircraft doors.

Thanks in advance for any assistance :)

Can anyone point in the right direction for opening/closing main aircraft doors.

I can read from offset 2A70 and have also been able to write to that offset, but when I open the aircraft door it immediately shuts again.

2A70 only works for the Canopy on those aircraft which have such.

Door control is by using the FS control, "Toggle aircraft exit". This is the one which the Ctrl+E (or is it Shift+E?) key does. You follow that by Select 1Select 4 according to which door(s) you want to operate, or leave it for the main door.

You can send any controls via offset 3110. The Toggle aircraft exit control has number 66389, and the select controls are 65538 to 65541. There are lists provided on the download page.

3367 provides an indication of door state. On FSUIPC4, for FSX, I do deal with writes to that as well as reads, but in FS9 this is a straight-through mapping and is only a read-out, and for the main door only.

Regards

Pete