The simFlight Network Forums

someone help me with the fsuicp4

i installed this program and programmed it for all the button and axis

i use the saitek new flight sim yoke and quadrant

i can see the up and down elevator and aileron inside the cock pit and it is calibrated correctly move all way up and down and side to side however on the plane itself looking outside it shows it hardly moving i made null to zero and sensitivities highest still, it barely moves and turns or go up or down.

also the buttons for trim up and down do not work when i programmed it

the mixture set to increase and decrease via axis won't work either

i deleted the assignments in fsx too just in case if it was causing a conflict still no luck

is there a live tech support i can call? i browsed through all this forum nothing that might help me.

it just seems not to work when programmed from the pull down menu for the various axis and buttons

i installed this program and programmed it for all the button and axis

i use the saitek new flight sim yoke and quadrant

A lot of folks seem to be having problems with the new Saitek stuff. Have you tried their support?

i deleted the assignments in fsx too just in case if it was causing a conflict still no luck

A conflict with what?

Get everything working properly inb FS itself first, before even thinking about using FSUIPC. If it doesn't work in FSX it won't work in FSUIPC either.

Regards

Pete

pete everything works in fsx with the exception of brakes and trim up and down elevator

i talked to the fsx people and it seems even the keyboard assignment for those items won't work for some reason

aside from that, everything else works perfectly

the aileron, rudder, elevator, throttle, mixtrue control, flaps, kneeboard, pan view, gear etc......

what would you recommend?

pete everything works in fsx with the exception of brakes and trim up and down elevator

Do you mean a brakes button, or analogue toe brakes? How are you assigning them in FSX?

Are you talking about the simple trim up / trime down button actions, or an analogue trim axis? How are you assigning those?

i talked to the fsx people and it seems even the keyboard assignment for those items won't work for some reason

What "fsx people" told you that? The brakes on the keyboard are '.' and the trim are the Numpad 7 and 1 keys. They all work in FSX the same as they did in FS9.

Pete

i know that, when i hit the "." key, the brakes won't work

when i hit num 1 or 7 the trim won't work

Microsoft support with Flight Sim X deluxe were not able to help me.

the trim elevator always jumps down and jitters

Sorry, I have no idea what is wrong with your installation then. I'm not sure why you are asking here, in that case, nor why you refer to FSUIPC4 in the subject heading.

Sounds like your FS installation is screwed up. Best to uninstall FS completely, including all add-ons. Install it afresh and re-check. Then take care to install only one thing at a time, checking after each.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

i unistalled fsx reinstalled with no add ons still no such luck

my mixture and flaps were working and now they are not in FSU

Y rotation does not show up in fsu for axis, only U and V to program the mixture and flaps

i tried them both for mixture, i chose mixture set is that the right one to use for the lever "mixture set"

I wanted to use the lever as I puch up it enrich and down lean, what is appropriate FS control in FSU

and the same for the flaps

what axis can I use, U and V only is available, even if i do rescan, that is only my options

thanks

i unistalled fsx reinstalled with no add ons still no such luck

my mixture and flaps were working and now they are not in FSU

Sorry. what is "FSU"? You've lost me already.

what axis can I use, U and V only is available, even if i do rescan, that is only my options

I really don't understand what you are talking about now. Is this "the saitek new flight sim yoke and quadrant?"

Start from basics. Forget FSX. Get the joystick working properly with Windows Game controllers. Calibrate and test there.

Then delete your FSUIPC4.INI file so you start again. Load FSX, get everything on the Joystick working in FSX, forget FSUIPC4.

THEN and only then, see what you want to do with FSUIPC4.

Regards

Pete

Sorry I meant FSUIPC4

How can I delete this program completely? the FSUIPC4

I know in the game controller panel test all buttons and axis for Saitek Flight Sim Yoke works perfect but certain ones do not in the game.

I want to unistall the FSUIPC4, uninstall saitek and reinstall it and try the game and see what happens. if all works well, can you help me or tell me how can I program the axis for mixtture and flaps withing FSUIPC4, there are so many options in the fs control but all iwant is when i raise slowly the mixture or lower it I want the program to do so accordingly. is it the mixture set in fscontrol option in FSUIPC4??

Thank you

How can I delete this program completely? the FSUIPC4

Find the Modules folder in FSX and delete FSUIPC4.DLL.

I want to unistall the FSUIPC4

If you only want to do this to stop it reading your joystick, it would make more sense just to delete the FSUIPC4.INI file, as I said. It contains whatever settings you made. without it, FSUIPC4 will generate a new default one, and by default it doesn't touch any joysticks at all.

can you help me or tell me how can I program the axis for mixtture and flaps withing FSUIPC4, there are so many options in the fs control but all iwant is when i raise slowly the mixture or lower it I want the program to do so accordingly. is it the mixture set in fscontrol option in FSUIPC4??

Both mixture and flaps are standard axes in FSUIPC4. You calibrate them in the Joystick Calibrations section. All the calibration stuff is described, with pictures, in the User Guide. There are no "fscontrol options" to worry about. You seem to be a little mixed up here and making it much more complicated than it is.

Regards

Pete